Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Remember Grange Hill?

Remember Grange Hill?

Old Feb 29th 2004, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

crazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant future
Cool Remember Grange Hill?

For those missing the good ol' days I thought I'd dig out something to cheer you up. Remember Grange Hill, Mary Mungo & Midge, The Clangers, Dr Woo (WHO), Andy Pandy, Blockbusters ...? Well here's your chance to reminisce
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/ and
http://www.sausagenet.com/

Enjoy, my friends, enjoy
Old Feb 29th 2004, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

geoffro is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking of old things try this site for all the old sweets:- www.aquarterof.com
Things like cola cubes, mojos, texan bars, sherbert pips etc.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally posted by geoffro
Talking of old things try this site for all the old sweets:- www.aquarterof.com
Things like cola cubes, mojos, texan bars, sherbert pips etc.
Brilliant site - I've order a few kilos of my old favourites!
Old Feb 29th 2004, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

geoffro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
Brilliant site - I've order a few kilos of my old favourites!
how many times did you say "cor i remember them"?
Old Feb 29th 2004, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally posted by geoffro
how many times did you say "cor i remember them"?
I'm just wondering what state they're going to arrive in.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another great site...

...with very funny and sarcastic (as only the British can be)reviews of the programmes you may remember, as well as those you've tried hard to forget is TV Cream .

There are sections on sweets, magazines, comics and you can download theme tunes of yesteryear!

Marvellous!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point

@Mr Lee... TV Cream is a wicked site Wow, the memories.. Warlord comic, Tiger, Nutty bars... fantastic!
Old Mar 7th 2004, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

crazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant future

Talking of chocolate (my fave subject!!) - the tv ark link at the top of the page has a link to some old adverts. It made me laugh when I saw the Cadbury's Fruit and Nut one 'cos when I was young(er!) I went into the candy - erm sorry, sweet shop and asked if they had a "fruit and nut case" anywhere? The lady just laughed at me until I walked out all red faced not knowing what I'd said wrong - that is until I told my sister and she laughed too. I can sort of see the funny side now!!

Does anyone remember Rhubarb and Custard on the tele? And also fruit salad and black jacks? What was your fave. programme and sweet in your youthful days?
Old Mar 7th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Fave TV programme:
Tough one - possibly The Clangers (I did like Roobarb as well though).
Captain Pugwash was always a good laugh.
I remember there were some right little gems in that 5.55 slot just before the news and Nationwide.

Mr Ben.
Willo' The Wisp.
Ludvig.
Paddington Bear.

And not forgetting of course - Ivor the Engine. Classic stuff!

Of the longer programmes, I always struggle trying to remember them - how about...

"If your mansion house needs haunting, just call...

Rentaghost!"

I used to love Scooby Doo too (before that little abonimation joined it - yes, you all know of what I speak).

Favourite sweets:
I loved Texan bars and could never understand why they disappeared from our shelves.
Rolos, before they changed the consistency of the caramel.
Fruit Salad.
Arrow Bars.
Those fondant filled Teddy Bears you used to get in Cadbury's Selection Boxes...
Old Mar 9th 2004, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Mr Lee

Rentaghost!"

I used to love Scooby Doo too (before that little abonimation joined it - yes, you all know of what I speak).

Favourite sweets:
I loved Texan bars and could never understand why they disappeared from our shelves.
Rolos, before they changed the consistency of the caramel.
Fruit Salad.
Arrow Bars.
Those fondant filled Teddy Bears you used to get in Cadbury's Selection Boxes...
That was weird - I was just thinking of Renta Ghost the other day! I loved Texan bars too. I used to watch Fraggle Rock on the tele. and Morph, remember him? Not forgetting all those cat fights with Trish in Grange Hill and Tucker in Tucker's Luck. One drink I used to love but haven't seen in years is Creamola Foam - powdery stuff which has a creamy top when mixed with water - not far removed from Boddingtons in fact!! I used to have a badge saying "I'm a creamola foam fan'". Oh, those were the days - sigh... Clangers rocked - but what on earth were they talking about I wonder? Oh, and I liked Bag Puss with those singing mice - bless!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

pjs35 is an unknown quantity at this point

My cousin was Fat Alan Humphrey's one of tucker's gang in Grange Hill & Tucker's Luck.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Cathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Memories...

... but am I the only person that ever watched Bod? and The Flumps? Classic stuff. Later on I used to watch Shmoo with my little bro. Braw. ... and I always cried at The Littlest Hobo.

... and I used to love this sweetie but I cannot remember it's name. It was a bar, with a green wrapper with white lettering. The sweet itself was a rainbowy coloured thingy that was fruity. And the advert on TV was in black & white with the girl/boy eating the sweet as they walked along and everything behind them went all rainbowy and coloured.

... but I liked Texan bars too, and I think that Lion Bars don't taste the same as they used to. Neither does Weetabix.

Wendy
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Remember Grange Hill?

Originally posted by crazydaisy
For those missing the good ol' days I thought I'd dig out something to cheer you up. Remember Grange Hill, Mary Mungo & Midge, The Clangers, Dr Woo (WHO), Andy Pandy, Blockbusters ...? Well here's your chance to reminisce
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/ and
http://www.sausagenet.com/

Enjoy, my friends, enjoy

This is all recent to me i remeber Sherlock Holmes as a new show on the telly.......:scared: and Quatermass and the Blob......
Old Mar 14th 2004, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Purple74

Memories...

... but am I the only person that ever watched Bod? and The Flumps? Classic stuff. Later on I used to watch Shmoo with my little bro. Braw. ... and I always cried at The Littlest Hobo.

... and I used to love this sweetie but I cannot remember it's name. It was a bar, with a green wrapper with white lettering. The sweet itself was a rainbowy coloured thingy that was fruity. And the advert on TV was in black & white with the girl/boy eating the sweet as they walked along and everything behind them went all rainbowy and coloured.

... but I liked Texan bars too, and I think that Lion Bars don't taste the same as they used to. Neither does Weetabix.

Wendy
Yeah - I remember Bod and the Flumps too! That rainbow bar is bringing back hazy memories but I can't remember the name. Y'know I was thinking the other day how there was a sweet out once called a 'twig' - my sister used to feed it to me and I always thought - ugh, this tastes just like a twig - it was all stringy and not at all tasty - now I'm thinking that it was just that - a TWIG! Wait 'til I get my hands on her..
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Yeah - I remember Bod and the Flumps too! That rainbow bar is bringing back hazy memories but I can't remember the name. Y'know I was thinking the other day how there was a sweet out once called a 'twig' - my sister used to feed it to me and I always thought - ugh, this tastes just like a twig - it was all stringy and not at all tasty - now I'm thinking that it was just that - a TWIG! Wait 'til I get my hands on her..
*LMAO* Twig....

... it COULD have ben Liquorice (sp.?) root. My dad chews on that. I've tried it and it is awfie twig like and not too liquorice tasting.

Bod ruled! ... and I loved Pootle.

*sigh* Power Rangers just aren't the same.

Cheers!

Wendy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.