Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Relocation Costs - overlooked items

Wikiposts

Relocation Costs - overlooked items

Old Aug 10th 2005, 6:42 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Costs - overlooked items

Originally Posted by ClareBC
that is APPALLING - you have to pay to receive incoming calls (hell you have to pay to make calls too).

What does your cell phone provider say about that?

Clare
I haven't asked Bell about it. I don't suppose they'd very much care as it's all minutes burned and, anyway, they're one of the worst offenders.

The reason we now have a landline, after years without one, is that my new MIL calls often enough, for long enough, to make the bill for incoming minutes more expensive than the landline. That's a lot of minutes.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Relocation Costs - overlooked items

Originally Posted by dbd33
I haven't asked Bell about it. I don't suppose they'd very much care as it's all minutes burned and, anyway, they're one of the worst offenders.

The reason we now have a landline, after years without one, is that my new MIL calls often enough, for long enough, to make the bill for incoming minutes more expensive than the landline. That's a lot of minutes.
Blimey you have to pay for incoming calls :scared: My phone is with Virgin and incoming calls are free. I also like virgin because the top up cards last for 120 days. When you add a top up card to your phone, all the money on your phone gets the 120 days credited, not just the card value you have put on.

Don't be fooled by the name, Virgin phones in Canada aren't owned by Richard Branson any more, they are owned by Bell. So you get the same network coverage as Bell as Virgin phones use their equipment.