Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Reliable Jewellery stors in BC

Reliable Jewellery stors in BC

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Arrow Reliable Jewellery stors in BC

Hi,

Can you please give names of reliable jewellery stors in BC in general and in Vancouver in particular. I am looking for stores that have the quality of Tiffany & co. Thanks alot.

Yasmina

PS: i am surprised that there is no Tiffany store in Vancouver. I hope i am mistaken. . In Canada, there is only one Tiffany store and it is in Toronto according to the website www.tiffany.com
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 2:54 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reliable Jewellery stors in BC

What do you mean by reliable?

Have you looked at Henry Birks? https://www.birks.com/ns/birks.asp?langid=1
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Morwenna
What do you mean by reliable?

Have you looked at Henry Birks? https://www.birks.com/ns/birks.asp?langid=1
Thanks Morwenna..

I wanted to say jewellery stores that sell excellent diamonds, good design and good metals. stores that i can trust. if they say this is a diamond with such as such features, it should indeed be what they describe. Of course a third party certified diamond helps alot.

I did not look at Henry Birks because i have not come to Vancouver yet. So, i thought to know the names from people already in the city.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:08 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yasmina2005
Thanks Morwenna..

I wanted to say jewellery stores that sell excellent diamonds, good design and good metals. stores that i can trust. if they say this is a diamond with such as such features, it should indeed be what they describe. Of course a third party certified diamond helps alot.

I did not look at Henry Birks because i have not come to Vancouver yet. So, i thought to know the names from people already in the city.
I mostly know of Birks cos hubby works in one of the Calgary branches, and they are one of the highest class jewellers in Canada, especially given that they are across the country .... they take pride in their exclusivity! They do have stores in BC and Toronto and Montreal too. Check out the web-site.

Hubby says their diamonds come with both a Birks certificate and a GIA certificate. GIA = gemmological Institute of America, an internationally recognised certification.

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Apr 3rd 2006 at 3:14 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:37 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yasmina2005
i am surprised that there is no Tiffany store in Vancouver.
Let us pray that this will be the worst problem you will encounter in Canada.

I agree with Morwenna that Birks is the most respected jewellery store in Canada. There may be individual diamond merchants who are very good, but if you are looking for a name that is recognised and trusted right across the country, that name is Birks.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Let us pray that this will be the worst problem you will encounter in Canada.

I agree with Morwenna that Birks is the most respected jewellery store in Canada. There may be individual diamond merchants who are very good, but if you are looking for a name that is recognised and trusted right across the country, that name is Birks.
Judy, i lauphed when i read your comment (1st sentence)

Thanks to you and to Morwenna for endorsing Birks...
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:43 am
Native Vancouverite

Susie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really nice

Apparently there's a Tiffany store opening in Vancouver this summer. I know it's opening sometime, but I may be wrong about the timing.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Reliable Jewellery stors in BC

Originally Posted by Susie Derkins
Apparently there's a Tiffany store opening in Vancouver this summer. I know it's opening sometime, but I may be wrong about the timing.
This is GREAT....thanks for letting me know..I will call Toronto's Tiffany store and find out.

Thanks ALOT
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Susie Derkins
Susie,

I searched online. The store is opening in November 2006

Tiffany to Open Store in Vancouver, British Columbia

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060223/20060223005220.html?.v=1

Thanks again

H.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:55 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Try Idar in Victoria, i was going to work for them a few years ago. They make hand made stuff and good quality too. www.idar.com Hope this helps.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Try Idar in Victoria, i was going to work for them a few years ago. They make hand made stuff and good quality too. www.idar.com Hope this helps.
Thanks Lenmil. It will on my list too.