Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Registering with the CRNBC

Registering with the CRNBC

Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

louisey66 will become famous soon enough
Default Registering with the CRNBC

Does anyone know how long the process takes to get registered? I would start my application now and maybe sit the exam in October?

Just looking for a rough timescale of when i would be able to start work.

Louise x
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering with the CRNBC

I doubt starting the process now will give you a window for October this year. Look at roughly 6-12 months as a lot will depend on transcripts and whether SEC or some other form of assessment is required
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Ok thank you.

I do have original transcripts as I have been through the process for Australia. So do you sit the exam once you get registered?

Louise
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

transcripts have to go directly from your University or nursing school. You can not sit CRNE until assessed by the college and they make a decision
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

That's great thank you
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

sparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nice

hiya,
october would be wishful thinking im afraid. i started the process about 6 months ago. have had to do SEC and now need to do some short courses just to get the temp licence. I have been qualified nearly 8 years and am currently a senior sister in an emergency department.
Its a very long frustrating process but will be worth it. if you have any questions feel free to ask

jodie x
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

God really! That is quite long!

I wonder if I would need extra courses, I qualified in 2003 with a diploma but topped up to a BSc nursing then done an honours degree in public health nursing/health visiting.

I have 4 years acute experience and 4 years community. I better get started with the application! And get a job in a coffee shop meantime!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:37 am
Just Joined

sreekads is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louisey66
Does anyone know how long the process takes to get registered? I would start my application now and maybe sit the exam in October?

Just looking for a rough timescale of when i would be able to start work.

Louise x
hi,
u have to go thru SEC assessment then wait for result 4-8 weeks if u get some courses . u may to go thru. its a long process. SEC assessment is totally fake and biased. Bloody hell I never tested any student under hostile environment by stupid instructor.
sorry am not horrifying u, this is the fact.
I got stuck with them since 2009 to till the date.