Reece trip

Old May 10th 2013, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reece trip

We are Looking to do a Reece trip in June, to Nova Scotia (halifax area)
Can any of you good people recommend any good b&b's and which are the cheapest flight company's to use? Oh and car rentals!

Also any advice or experiences welcomed

Many thanks
Old May 10th 2013, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reece trip

Air Transat / Canadian Affair at that time of the year...

When we visited we organized a car through Car 3000 from the UK which worked very well.

No idea on B&Bs but somebody was advertising the use of their spare room on BE's of Nova Scotia! Maybe worth you joining us on FB?
Old May 10th 2013, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Great I will check them airlines out. thanks
Think I am already on that fb page will take a look
Old May 10th 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Also worth having a little google for promo codes for canadian affair which pop up quite regularly. you could save some money then...
Old May 12th 2013, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newlife_canada
Can any of you good people recommend any good b&b's and which are the cheapest flight company's to use? Oh and car rentals!

Many thanks

Hi,

I went to Halifax on vacation a couple of years ago with my then girlfriend, we stayed at a place just up the road from the harbour, it was called Ascendence HarbourSide Mansion B&B, we only stayed there for two nights, as were touring NS.

But it was a very pleasant stay, the owners were very friendly and very informative about things to do around the area.

The rooms were very clean and full of character, I would certainy stay there again. I think I remember it being reasonably priced too.

Cheers

Paul.
Old May 12th 2013, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

sandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to all

See www.novascotia.com for accommodations and travel advice. The doers and dreamers guide is also on this link. You can download or read on site.
Old May 12th 2013, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

air at that time of the year...

When we visited we organized a car through Car 3000 from the UK which worked very well.

No idea on B&Bs but somebody was advertising the use of their spare room on BE's of Nova Scotia! Maybe worth you joining us on FB?[/QUOTE]

Canadian affair are offering quite good prices in june, direct flight from gatwick to halifax.

I think a couple of people were possibly thinking of renting out on the website mentioned above. Are you wanting to stay in halifax or looking to stay in a particular area?.
Old May 14th 2013, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

richardkp is an unknown quantity at this point

As well as Canadian Affair, you could also look at Air Canada and Icelandair. I've heard good things about Icelandair, especially as their prices don't fluctuate during the high season.

As for car hire, we've used Enterprise in the past and we had a really good experience when we landed here back in 2007. They were great - even when my wife ripped the wing mirror off our rental!!

Depending on where you want to be based, the Hampton Inn and Suites in Dartmouth Crossing is good, because you have a cinema, restaurants and shopping right on your doorstop and easy access to the 118 highway taking you directly downtown Halifax in 10 minutes. Other options that I can recommend would be the Quality Inn in Bayers Lake - again with good access to highways, easy accessibility to downtown with shopping and amenities close by.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:03 pm
Canadian Wannabe :-)

BabyG will become famous soon enoughBabyG will become famous soon enough

Many thanks

Hi guys,
How's the recce trip going? I'm thinking of doing mine in August so looking forward to hearing about yours.

BabyG
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Law-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant future

Many thanks
Hi, we are going to alberta in October and found canadian affair cheapest and also they do direct flights from Glasgow to Calgary flying with air transat. As previously said check for promo codes also If you use air transat and have young kids check out kids club by registering them you get some perks .1 example being you can pre book their seats for free. Wish I knew that before we could have saved nearly£40
As for car rental we used british airways and found them reasonable but you would need to check ba website if they do NS
Hope this helps

Last edited by Law-Burnett Family; Jun 22nd 2013 at 8:52 pm. Reason: Bad spelling
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 12:19 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Law-Burnett Family
Hi, we are going to alberta in October and found canadian affair cheapest and also they do direct flights from Glasgow to Calgary flying with air transat. As previously said check for promo codes also If you use air transat and have young kids check out kids club by registering them you get some perks .1 example being you can pre book their seats for free. Wish I knew that before we could have saved nearly£40
As for car rental we used british airways and found them reasonable but you would need to check ba website if they do NS
Hope this helps
No, BA does not "do" Nova Scotia.