Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

RED SEAL DIESEL MECHANIC

Wikiposts

RED SEAL DIESEL MECHANIC

Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

rifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant future
Default RED SEAL DIESEL MECHANIC

Hi i am in the process of moving to Nova Scotia and need to sit my diesel mechanic red seal exam and my questions are
How difficult is the exam.
where can i get any books to help me prepare for the exam.
Any help would be most helpful.
Thanks Paul
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: RED SEAL DIESEL MECHANIC

Is this the kind of thing you need? There are some links that you will need to go through for more specific info on your occupation.

http://nsapprenticeship.ca/forms_and..._Resources.pdf

Good Luck with the exam!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

in the woods will become famous soon enough

Hi Paul
I live in nova scotia and did the exam 2 years ago. I borrowed the book from a guy at work. you can buy them at the community collage they were $250 not cheap but you will need to know the terminology.
a spring brake is a maxi can-a half shaft is an axel-a center bearing is a steady bearing-the clutches are adjustable up inside the bell housing
But the exam is multi choice I think they do it every few months. lots of work.
Good luck Rob
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:39 am
Just Joined

rifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant futurerifecottage has a brilliant future

Hi Linz3112 thanks for that info i will order the books today.
Thanks again Paul
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:42 am
Just Joined

Hi Rob thanks for that can you get the name of the books that you borrowed so i can make sure that i order the right ones as i will have to fly in and sit the exam after i have done my studying and then hopefully get a job befor i move to the halifax area
Thanks again Paul
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

in the woods will become famous soon enough

I will find out next time i'm in town
Rob
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

Hi Paul
we miss you already! I'll send you the name of the guy that sat the exams a couple of years ago then hopefully you can borrow them...
say hi to your Dad from the Mumford gang!