Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Red Bull in Canada?

Red Bull in Canada?

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:14 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Red Bull in Canada?

Have I been missing something or had Red Bull only arrived recently in Canada?

Never seen it in 2 years now it seems to be popping up all over the place.

Was it banned (for obvious reasons) before and if so anyone know why the ban was lifted?
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 8:02 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Red Bull in Canada?

LOL the only time I have drunk Red Bull with any seriousness was the last time I'd flown back from Calgary and had to go to work the next day.

One of the girls had left and given a crate of the stuff to the office to combat Monday morning hang-overs. (Not that I've EVER suffered one of those ) , however it was INVALUABLE in getting me through that first jet-lagged day back at work!!

My son takes it in lieu of sleeping when he goes to marathon weekend LAN gaming sessions with his mates

Morw
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 2:29 pm
KJT
Forum Regular

KJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really nice

Red Bull!!!

Terrific stuff, how would I work nights without it?

Fab with Vodka too...

So is it readily available there?

(Tesco here has a really good very cheap alternative called Kick in litre bottles for a fraction of the price of read Red Bull by the way)

KJT
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:10 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

You're right, Red Bull is available pretty much everywhere here now. It only started appearing here toward the end of last summer. It costs CAD2.99 so it is expensive. Anyone in Toronto/Mississauga found it cheaper?

I really miss V Energy drink from New Zealand and Oz. It is in the UK too and it is even better than Red Bull in my opinion. It is the only thing I really miss from home.

Ozinca
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

The reason it is new in Canada is because until recently Canada had laws restricting the addition of caffeine to beverages. It was ok when it occured naturally like in Coffee and Tea but the only drink you could add it to was Cola. That's why drinks like Sprite and Mountain Dew have no caffeine in them in Canada but they do in the US. Anyway they recently changed the rules and so now you can add it to more things and et voila Red Bull and the entourage of "energy" drinks are all over the place. Even the brewers are at it and you can buy caffeinated beer now.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:26 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wizzard
The reason it is new in Canada is because until recently Canada had laws restricting the addition of caffeine to beverages. It was ok when it occured naturally like in Coffee and Tea but the only drink you could add it to was Cola. That's why drinks like Sprite and Mountain Dew have no caffeine in them in Canada but they do in the US. Anyway they recently changed the rules and so now you can add it to more things and et voila Red Bull and the entourage of "energy" drinks are all over the place. Even the brewers are at it and you can buy caffeinated beer now.
Aha, I see! Mystery cleared up very well. Thanks!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Strange but true: the law actually restricted caffeine in soft drinks based on colour. Only brown soft drinks could have caffeine added.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

louisa is an unknown quantity at this point

funnily enough, I have just noticed this on sale in the Co-Op. I think Superstore also does their own version.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

I remember drinking red bull to keep me awake on a girlie night out as designated driver! unfortunatly it did exactly that! it kept me awake all night.

great stuff but don't over do it!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:06 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Red Bull.................It makes my Hubby fall asleep!!! there must be something wrong with him......or me!!!!! :scared:
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

They had it at Sam's Club last time I was there. I think the price was around $40 for a case of 24.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

canucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the rough

That's why drinks like Sprite and Mountain Dew have no caffeine in them in Canada but they do in the US.
I didn't realize Mountain Dew had no caffeine!! I thought it had alot, even more than Coke and Pepsi...
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by canucker
I didn't realize Mountain Dew had no caffeine!! I thought it had alot, even more than Coke and Pepsi...
They do in the US. I wonder if they will change it in Canada now?