British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Recycling in calgary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/recycling-calgary-573001/)

Julie_p Nov 14th 2008 1:06 am

Recycling in calgary

Hi i live in s.e calgary and wondered what you can take to be recycled, we have a huge box of pop cans and also been saving the 'dairyland' big bottles of milk and also cardboard, what can you take back for money and where? and where is the nearest rubbish tip..not for these for other accumalated crap!
Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated :D

rodeo star Nov 14th 2008 2:19 am

Re: Recycling in calgary

Originally Posted by Julie_p (Post 6971535)
Hi i live in s.e calgary and wondered what you can take to be recycled, we have a huge box of pop cans and also been saving the 'dairyland' big bottles of milk and also cardboard, what can you take back for money and where? and where is the nearest rubbish tip..not for these for other accumalated crap!
Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated :D

Hi, Where about in South east Calgary do you live? we are in Midnapore. We go the recycle centre in shawnessey, near the Home depot. You can take your recycling there. They take glass, Newspaper, cardboard, mixed paper, food cans, milk containers and clean plastic bags.
There is also a (fish creek) bottle depot on 15216 Shaw Road S.E.
I hope that helps.

Julie_p Nov 14th 2008 2:22 am

Originally Posted by rodeo star (Post 6971660)
Hi, Where about in South east Calgary do you live? we are in Midnapore. We go the recycle centre in shawnessey, near the Home depot. You can take your recycling there. They take glass, Newspaper, cardboard, mixed paper, food cans, milk containers and clean plastic bags.
There is also a (fish creek) bottle depot on 15216 Shaw Road S.E.
I hope that helps.

Thank you, can you advise if it is correct as to what you take to get money back i know its only a small amount, i really dont know what to take to recycle and what to take where for money back...:confused: oh and i am in Auburn Bay

Steve_P Nov 14th 2008 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Julie_p (Post 6971670)
Thank you, can you advise if it is correct as to what you take to get money back i know its only a small amount, i really dont know what to take to recycle and what to take where for money back...:confused: oh and i am in Auburn Bay

No money back at these places City of Calgary Recycling Depots
Money back at these places Calgary Bottle and Can Recycle Depots :thumbup:

Judy in Calgary Nov 14th 2008 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Julie_p (Post 6971535)
and where is the nearest rubbish tip..not for these for other accumalated crap!

The nearest garbage dump to you is Shepard Landfill Site.
x

leepee Nov 14th 2008 2:46 pm

Hi Julie....

Your choice of course but you will find that schoolkids/scouts etc turn up fairly regularly on 'bottle runs' to raise money for their clubs/schools etc....We always hand them over largely because we can't be asked to line up at the bottle depot.....
L

Julie_p Nov 14th 2008 5:42 pm

Thank you all i have bookmarked all the info so i wont forget....now to get sorting :blink:

triumphguy Nov 14th 2008 8:14 pm

In Midnapore there are recycling bins on Bannister Road, near the Bingo hall.