Reload this Page >

IT Recruitment consultant Toronto

IT Recruitment consultant Toronto

Old May 9th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

soopergal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Recruitment consultant Toronto

Hello Everyone
I am looking for a "good" IT headhunter in Toronto. I've already met up with Sapphire Technology consultant but wasn't too impressed. I have 9+ years of Infrastructure/project management experience in banking.
Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Cheers
Old May 10th 2009, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Settlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really nice
Default Re: IT Recruitment consultant Toronto

Originally Posted by soopergal
Hello Everyone
I am looking for a "good" IT headhunter in Toronto. I've already met up with Sapphire Technology consultant but wasn't too impressed. I have 9+ years of Infrastructure/project management experience in banking.

Cheers
Sapphire is the biggest and probably (one of) the best. Try Procom, but others will be even worse. Or go directly to consulting companies like Accenture, Cap Gemini etc. Headhunters do not create positions.
Old May 10th 2009, 1:13 am
ck1
Forum Regular

ck1 has a spectacular aura aboutck1 has a spectacular aura aboutck1 has a spectacular aura about

In my experience, the ones in Canada are as useless as the ones in England.

Best bet is to cold call and look at companies web sites for opportunities.
Old May 10th 2009, 3:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Settlers_Unlimited
Sapphire is the biggest and probably (one of) the best. Try Procom, but others will be even worse. Or go directly to consulting companies like Accenture, Cap Gemini etc. Headhunters do not create positions.
ProCom is $3/hr bodyshop. If you're a Java programmer from India or the Phillipines they're a reasonable option but a pimp who stands to make $120 a week off you is not selling you into a high end job.

Do you have any experience of rating systems in insurance companies?
Old May 10th 2009, 9:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soopergal
Hello Everyone

Cheers
Do you mean you're looking for a recruitment agency? You don't go to a headhunter, they come to you!

A headhunter will contact you with a specific position s/he needs to fill if you have the appropriate skills and are well known enough in the industry (usually the client will have specifically requested you).

A recruitment agency will have numerous jobs on their books and you can sign up with them until the right one comes along.

Two very different things! Best of luck finding something.