British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   IT Recruitment consultant Toronto (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/recruitment-consultant-toronto-608168/)

soopergal May 9th 2009 5:45 pm

IT Recruitment consultant Toronto

Hello Everyone
I am looking for a "good" IT headhunter in Toronto. I've already met up with Sapphire Technology consultant but wasn't too impressed. I have 9+ years of Infrastructure/project management experience in banking.
Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Cheers

Settlers_Unlimited May 10th 2009 12:45 am

Re: IT Recruitment consultant Toronto

Originally Posted by soopergal (Post 7556931)
Hello Everyone
I am looking for a "good" IT headhunter in Toronto. I've already met up with Sapphire Technology consultant but wasn't too impressed. I have 9+ years of Infrastructure/project management experience in banking.

Cheers

Sapphire is the biggest and probably (one of) the best. Try Procom, but others will be even worse. Or go directly to consulting companies like Accenture, Cap Gemini etc. Headhunters do not create positions.

ck1 May 10th 2009 1:13 am

In my experience, the ones in Canada are as useless as the ones in England.

Best bet is to cold call and look at companies web sites for opportunities.

dbd33 May 10th 2009 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Settlers_Unlimited (Post 7557566)
Sapphire is the biggest and probably (one of) the best. Try Procom, but others will be even worse. Or go directly to consulting companies like Accenture, Cap Gemini etc. Headhunters do not create positions.

ProCom is $3/hr bodyshop. If you're a Java programmer from India or the Phillipines they're a reasonable option but a pimp who stands to make $120 a week off you is not selling you into a high end job.

Do you have any experience of rating systems in insurance companies?

christmasoompa May 10th 2009 9:46 am

Originally Posted by soopergal (Post 7556931)
Hello Everyone

Cheers

Do you mean you're looking for a recruitment agency? You don't go to a headhunter, they come to you!

A headhunter will contact you with a specific position s/he needs to fill if you have the appropriate skills and are well known enough in the industry (usually the client will have specifically requested you).

A recruitment agency will have numerous jobs on their books and you can sign up with them until the right one comes along.

Two very different things! Best of luck finding something. :)