Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Recruiting in Vancouver from the UK

Recruiting in Vancouver from the UK

Old Jul 9th 2012, 3:34 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruiting in Vancouver from the UK

Originally Posted by Ajster
Were they forced to move because of sexuality or lack of tolerance of their sport?
With UFC it's the same thing isn't it?
Old Jul 9th 2012, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alan2005
With UFC it's the same thing isn't it?
Oh sure, yeah it sounds like from what you said it was lack of tolerance, but i didn't know from which angle.

But lack of tolerance is lack of tolerance - unless the decision was made to try and protect something - oh i dont know.

I think everyone should just get on :-)
Old Jul 9th 2012, 3:47 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Your young man is lucky to have a tolerant mother too :-P
Thanks - its been an interesting year but he is happy, loved , protected etc and has some great fairy godfathers! Plus we have been to some fantastic theatre and drag shows
Old Jul 9th 2012, 3:49 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh sure, yeah it sounds like from what you said it was lack of tolerance, but i didn't know from which angle.

But lack of tolerance is lack of tolerance - unless the decision was made to try and protect something - oh i dont know.

I think everyone should just get on :-)
Vancouver has a definite puritanical streak but it's not so much about sexuality. IT's more around healthy living, alcohol, and yes, violence. People here are fairly uptight about stuff like that. The alcohol laws here are antiquated and ridiculous.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 3:49 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Thanks - its been an interesting year but he is happy, loved , protected etc and has some great fairy godfathers! Plus we have been to some fantastic theatre and drag shows
And sometimes he's not a bad babysitter for my kid either
Old Jul 9th 2012, 3:50 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Vancouver has a definite puritanical streak but it's not so much about sexuality. IT's more around healthy living, alcohol, and yes, violence. People here are fairly uptight about stuff like that. The alcohol laws here are antiquated and ridiculous.
Oh yes !
Old Jul 9th 2012, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

And sometimes he's not a bad babysitter for my kid either
Aww - thats sweet!

I have to say, We're Uncle Andrew and Uncle Mark to a lot of our friends kids - most gay chaps are not that into kids - but one day, I want to eb a great dad!

And Canada offers proper gay marriage - not just silly ceremonies like we have over here!
Old Jul 9th 2012, 7:35 pm

Aww - thats sweet!

I have to say, We're Uncle Andrew and Uncle Mark to a lot of our friends kids - most gay chaps are not that into kids - but one day, I want to eb a great dad!

And Canada offers proper gay marriage - not just silly ceremonies like we have over here!
I hope it works out for you
Old Jul 9th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

I hope it works out for you
Thank-You!!!

See im really not the twat you thought I was and I am sorry if we got off to a bad start

Feel free to get an LMO and employ me as a perm babysitter haha
Old Jul 9th 2012, 7:46 pm

Thank-You!!!

See im really not the twat you thought I was and I am sorry if we got off to a bad start

Feel free to get an LMO and employ me as a perm babysitter haha
hahha! sorry I called you a twat
Old Jul 9th 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

hahha! sorry I called you a twat
I like making up!
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Aww - thats sweet!

What do you mean by that? Aren't all marriages, civil unions (insert whatever name you wish to) simply silly ceremonies?
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:08 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
What do you mean by that? Aren't all marriages, civil unions (insert whatever name you wish to) simply silly ceremonies?
I'll bite.

My view is that a civil partnership is all that the state should offer and recognize in law. Anything beyond that is up to the people concerned, and whatever crackpot organization they wish to use to validate their relationship.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
They are all a ceremony I guess, yes - the difference is in the UK you cant say Gay, Wedding and Marriage in the same sentance.

At least as a gay couple in Canada you can say you have been married and had a great wedding haha.

I'm sure folks do back here, but legally etc - it feels nicer to be allowed to do it properly, and feel equal.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I'll bite.

My view is that a civil partnership is all that the state should offer and recognize in law. Anything beyond that is up to the people concerned, and whatever crackpot organization they wish to use to validate their relationship.
I'm assuming you mean for straight as well as gay couples by saying this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.