Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

recommended hotels for stampede?

Wikiposts

recommended hotels for stampede?

Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

molby will become famous soon enoughmolby will become famous soon enough
Default recommended hotels for stampede?

I know it's late but we decided we should go to stampede next weekend (3rd-5th) - what area of the city is convenient to stay and has anyone got any tips on which hotels to try first? We just want something as cheap and cheerful as possible.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:23 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: recommended hotels for stampede?

Originally Posted by molby
I know it's late but we decided we should go to stampede next weekend (3rd-5th) - what area of the city is convenient to stay and has anyone got any tips on which hotels to try first? We just want something as cheap and cheerful as possible.
Delta Bow Valley, Hotel Arts, Days Inn top of Macleod are probably closest.

There you go, did an expedia search and this is the best choice based on location and price
http://www.expedia.ca/pub/agent.dll/...tel-room-rates

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; Jun 27th 2009 at 4:27 am. Reason: Its a Days Inn. And I checked expedia
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:42 am
Just Joined

snowboardjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, thanks for the very helpful response!!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

molby will become famous soon enoughmolby will become famous soon enough

Whoops sorry - computer logged in on hubby's account. Thanks very much for your help butch!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:03 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Delta Bow Valley, Hotel Arts, Days Inn top of Macleod are probably closest.

There you go, did an expedia search and this is the best choice based on location and price
http://www.expedia.ca/pub/agent.dll/...tel-room-rates
You mean there are still hotel's with availability?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:55 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Yes I was shocked too , mind you (like last year) I forecast a shortage of Yanks.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
We booked our hotel last Thursday for the start of the stampede !!! did it on priceline on the "name your own price'' section. We knew what area and what star the hotel would be but you just do not know the name of the hotel until it is confirmed and paid for.

We got the Hyatt, four star for $105 per night (USD), Thursday until Sunday !! what a result !!

I would advise anybody to look at priceline when booking hotels . I use them all the time as I see clients regular in Vancouver and Calgary. I pay on average half price everytime I stop in a hotel and have never been disappointed !

Last edited by mjwalker007; Jun 28th 2009 at 2:08 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 2:21 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mjwalker007
We booked our hotel last Thursday for the start of the stampede !!! did it on priceline on the "name your own price'' section. We knew what area and what star the hotel would be but you just do not know the name of the hotel until it is confirmed and paid for.

We got the Hyatt, four star for $105 per night (USD), Thursday until Sunday !! what a result !!

I would advise anybody to look at priceline when booking hotels . I use them all the time as I see clients regular in Vancouver and Calgary. I pay on average half price everytime I stop in a hotel and have never been disappointed !
Hey, for those of you going to Stampede this year look out for my little girl - she got into the "Young Canadians" & is taking part in the Grandstand show. She drives a red electric toy Corvette in "Let's Go" (one of the Suzie mcNeil numbers) so you can't miss her!

She's sooooo excited & from the rehearsals I've seen it's another awesome show!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant future

you could try the travel lodge there are two on macloud trail they are quite cheap but would take a 15min cab trip to get to the stampede or you could use the c train that would take about 10mins and can get off at the stampede c train station but hotels will get booked up fast
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Kirsty John and Dominic
you could try the travel lodge there are two on macloud trail they are quite cheap but would take a 15min cab trip to get to the stampede or you could use the c train that would take about 10mins and can get off at the stampede c train station but hotels will get booked up fast
LOL
have you ridden the C-train at stampede???????