British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Recommendations - Nova Scotia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/recommendations-nova-scotia-712459/)

kevinm Apr 7th 2011 7:26 am

Recommendations - Nova Scotia

Can anyone recommend any good (child friendly) places to eat in Nova Scotia or in fact things we should do that I may of missed off my list, we will be there for 2 weeks.
My daughter will also be having her 2nd birthday whilst we are over, so any good things we could do / take her on that day.

(we are staying not far from Peggys cove)

Lorry1 Apr 7th 2011 3:30 pm

Re: Recommendations - Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by kevinm (Post 9291001)
Can anyone recommend any good (child friendly) places to eat in Nova Scotia or in fact things we should do that I may of missed off my list, we will be there for 2 weeks.
My daughter will also be having her 2nd birthday whilst we are over, so any good things we could do / take her on that day.

(we are staying not far from Peggys cove)

When are you coming over? What there is to do depends on what time of year you come over.

There are loads of kid friendly eating places in Bayers Lake - Montanas, Jack Astors, Jungle Jims etc as well as the usual McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys and pizza places.

alexisatk Apr 7th 2011 4:17 pm

True North Dinner in Bedford is really great. They have that old dinner feel and a juke box that the children love to dance too. The quarters from the juke box get donated to the local children's hospital.

Joe_Sleepy Apr 7th 2011 5:33 pm

We have never found anywhere that isn't child friendly..

My first trip here was in '97 with a 10 month old & a 2 year old, we took them to any restaurants we fancied & have done so ever since. We've never had a problem.

There doesn't appear to be the same level of loathing towards kids here as there is in England..

That said, our girls are very well behaved but were normal babies/toddlers & I've never had any issues...

Al the Agent Apr 8th 2011 11:54 am

I agree with Joe, there aren't many restaurants that aren't kid friendly with most offering a decent kids menu. My kids like both Jungle Jims and Jack Astors particularly for their menu selections....and Bayers Lake is relatively close to the Peggy's Cove area.

destinationnovascotia Apr 8th 2011 12:51 pm

Montanas....they will sing to her if you tell then it's her birthday.

sconehead Apr 8th 2011 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by alexisatk (Post 9291927)
True North Dinner in Bedford is really great. They have that old dinner feel and a juke box that the children love to dance too. The quarters from the juke box get donated to the local children's hospital.

Where's that in Bedford?

I quite like Brewdebakers. The voodoo chicken sticks are amazing!

Lorry1 Apr 8th 2011 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by sconehead (Post 9293540)
Where's that in Bedford?

I quite like Brewdebakers. The voodoo chicken sticks are amazing!

The True North Diner is by the Bedford Place Mall and yes it is quite good and kids like it :)