Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for a Canada Pre Departure PCR Test ​​​​​​​

Recommendations for a Canada Pre Departure PCR Test ​​​​​​​

Old Jul 28th 2021, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommendations for a Canada Pre Departure PCR Test ​​​​​​​

Hi,
I am in Canada and will be returning to the UK next month and have started to look into the pre departure PCR test. Assuming Canada remains an Amber list country the test needs to be taken within 3 days of departure. I am a bit concerned as when I took the Canada arrival PCR test it took Switch Health nearly a week to notify me of the result and obviously a similar time frame wouldn't be much use on departure from Canada and I don't fancy being turned away at the gate with all the expense that that would involve. Has anyone any recomededations for a reliable outfit to use for this test?
Old Jul 28th 2021, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for a Canada Pre Departure PCR Test ​​​​​​​

Helps if we know where you will be departing from as it would be pointless recommending a place in Vancouver if departing from Toronto.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Hi,
I am in Canada and will be returning to the UK next month and have started to look into the pre departure PCR test. Assuming Canada remains an Amber list country the test needs to be taken within 3 days of departure. I am a bit concerned as when I took the Canada arrival PCR test it took Switch Health nearly a week to notify me of the result and obviously a similar time frame wouldn't be much use on departure from Canada and I don't fancy being turned away at the gate with all the expense that that would involve. Has anyone any recomededations for a reliable outfit to use for this test?
I also looked briefly yesterday as I’ll need it soon. I can’t find the exact reference at present but there was a list of providers for each province - Shoppers was on the list, although I understand not all stores provide the service. I’ve also seen them recommended elsewhere for speed of results and price, around $40 which is cheaper than some of the others.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a lateral flow test will surfice for UK bound travel. These tests are available at Toronto Airport Switch Health with a 30minute turnaround. Thing is I will depart from Winnipeg and transit Toronto so will Air Canada let me board the domestic leg at Winnipeg without a test? I can't see anything in thier published info to confirm it.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 3:08 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.canadiantravelclinics.ca...Winnipeg-South

​​​​​​https://www.biomb.ca/covid-19-testing

Old Aug 5th 2021, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, we have found out we can get it done in Manitoba though Dynacare. I popped into one of their local testing centres to check hings our and they confirmed that they can do the required test without a manitoba health card and without a physicians requisition. They quote 48 hours but the staff I spoke to said it would likely be less than 24hours to get the result. The only bit that sounds slightly sketchy is getting the result. Apparently if you don't have a health car you can't create an online account which is where you would normally recieve the test result. The workaround is that they phone you up with the result and then arrange to email written confirmation that you can then show the airline. I'll find out pretty soon if it all works!
Old Aug 7th 2021, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

All went well, test result was available by phone 18 hours after the test. After the phone call they sent a text with a link to a downloadable copy of the result. Best thing the service is completely free.
​​​​​