Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

recommend removals Montreal to Toronto

recommend removals Montreal to Toronto

Old Aug 30th 2013, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

lounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to all
Default recommend removals Montreal to Toronto

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any removal companies Montreal to Toronto(Oakville)
Had a couple of quotes $3k + which seems a lot?
Thanks
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:42 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: recommend removals Montreal to Toronto

I paid about that in 2007
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lounan
Hi,

Can anyone recommend any removal companies Montreal to Toronto(Oakville)
Had a couple of quotes $3k + which seems a lot?
Thanks
based on what i have see it is not a lot

jus think what a move would cost within the montreal area

I envisage a move to hamilton next year and i am budgeting twice the amount

pls let us know the outcome
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

lounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to all

We moved within Montreal 3 years ago and cost us $800 all in, I guess we are lucky that this time we aren't footing the bill ;-)
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:00 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We moved within Montreal 3 years ago and cost us $800 all in, I guess we are lucky that this time we aren't footing the bill ;-)
Oh, FFS.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh, FFS.
What?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 11:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

What?
Someone else is paying. All you need to do is collect three quotations from regular moving companies and accept the lowest. Whoever is paying will be very happy with that.

Why start a thread about it?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

actually from my personal perspective I might learn something useful as I am intent on making the great trek westwards in ten months and my understanding is that moving companies charge by not only by distance but by weight
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

here are some tips I have come across that might help

Protect yourself

• If you want to know if the company is reputable, a starting point can be a Google Maps search of the company address. Potential customers could look at the satellite view and ask: Are there trucks in the yard? Do they have a warehouse?

• Contact BBB and Canadian Association of Movers to assess companies

• Get at least three estimates in writing by someone who has inspected the items

• Phone estimates should include thorough discussion about what's in each room and if the cost covers unpacking, storage and claims settlement

• Ensure movers are aware of special items or other impediments that could affect estimate

• Move valuables such as jewellery or artwork yourself

• Before signing contract, check to see if company is bonded and insured.

• Ensure you have moving insurance with replacement value protection not depreciated value.

• Find out if mover is certified by WCB to avoid paying for injured employees.

• Take photos of your possessions.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mike that's really helpful.

Novo I asked because there is still a budget that we have to keep too and if any one could recommend a company personally then we would appreciate the help.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:47 am
Born again atheist

Novo I asked because there is still a budget that we have to keep too and if any one could recommend a company personally then we would appreciate the help.
OK. What budget is it you have to keep to(o)?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

here is a handy link

our tax dollars at work

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc....g/ca02029.html
Old Aug 31st 2013, 3:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Just a heads up too, regarding written quotations - in Ontario, you cannot be charged any more than 10% over the price stated in the written quotation.

http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/documents/275071.pdf

Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:09 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
OK. What budget is it you have to keep to(o)?
Yeah, I see a lot of wrongfull too usage too, and there's more than two to's too ;-)
Old Aug 31st 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Some advice! Be careful of the scammers who offer you a price below $2000, they offer a low price nd then double or triple on the day...... We are using allied !

Always check reviews on the Internet , I did and one guy in Toronto owns 11 companies and all have bad reviews.....

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.