Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Received PR visa from CIC, London, Quaries regarding landing?

Wikiposts

Received PR visa from CIC, London, Quaries regarding landing?

Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

morahman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received PR visa from CIC, London, Quaries regarding landing?

Hi,

I have received my PR visa from CIC, London on 7th May 2009 and my PR visa will expire on 27 February 2010. I have some queries, which are given below:

01. If the deadline for travel to Canada is 27 February 2010 then how much time I should keep in my hand to apply for PR card and do I need to receive my PR card before my visa expire or just need to apply for PR card before my visa expire? How long it takes to receive PR card after landing?

02. When I filled the Federal Skilled Application form I mentioned I intend to live in Toronto, Ontario and when I received my Landing documents along with my PR visa, the CIC, London mention my destination Toronto, Ontario in my Landing documents. Now I wish to live in Alberta. So when I travel from UK, can I land in Alberta straightway or I have to land in Toronto, Ontario first then move into Alberta? If I land in Alberta, do I need to inform CIC, London?

03. As I mention in my federal skilled application form I have available fund CAD 50,000/- and I sent my bank statements (CAD 50,000/-) from UK banks during the process of my application. Now when landing do I need to bring all the money with me or I need to bring $16,580 as my family members are three? Is it possible to open a bank account in a Canadian bank from UK so that I can transfer my all money to that account and show the bank statement to Immigration officer during landing?

04. Do I need to rent a house or flat before landing Canada or I have to stay in a hotel for a while then I have to find a house or flat for rent after arrive in Canada? Can I rent a flat or house from UK before my landing?

05. As per the landing guideline, I have to make two copies of personal goods list when travel to Canada. Is it for hand baggage or main baggage or for both baggages? Is the Immigration officer will check every single piece of personal goods from my all baggage as per the goods list? Do I need to be very strict to make the list so that I don’t miss any small items (e.g. tooth brush, tooth paste etc.)? Do I need to put the price of items as well or only the item name and quantity?

06. If my wife pregnant during landing in Canada, do I need to inform the CIC, London. If so how I will inform? Is it by email or letter? If I don’t inform the CIC, is their any problem during landing?

Can anyone please clarify the above queries or share similar experiences?

Thanks for your support and co-operation.

Kind Regards,
morahman
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:36 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received PR visa from CIC, London, Quaries regarding landing?

Originally Posted by morahman
Hi,

I have received my PR visa from CIC, London on 7th May 2009 and my PR visa will expire on 27 February 2010. I have some queries, which are given below:

01. If the deadline for travel to Canada is 27 February 2010 then how much time I should keep in my hand to apply for PR card and do I need to receive my PR card before my visa expire or just need to apply for PR card before my visa expire? How long it takes to receive PR card after landing?
You need to arrive in Canada before via expires. You apply for PR card on landing and will arrive in about 3 weeks

02. When I filled the Federal Skilled Application form I mentioned I intend to live in Toronto, Ontario and when I received my Landing documents along with my PR visa, the CIC, London mention my destination Toronto, Ontario in my Landing documents. Now I wish to live in Alberta. So when I travel from UK, can I land in Alberta straightway or I have to land in Toronto, Ontario first then move into Alberta? If I land in Alberta, do I need to inform CIC, London?No problem - you can go straight to Alberta

03. As I mention in my federal skilled application form I have available fund CAD 50,000/- and I sent my bank statements (CAD 50,000/-) from UK banks during the process of my application. Now when landing do I need to bring all the money with me or I need to bring $16,580 as my family members are three? Is it possible to open a bank account in a Canadian bank from UK so that I can transfer my all money to that account and show the bank statement to Immigration officer during landing?
You just need to bring proof of funds (ie bank statement). Up to you how and when you transfer cash.

04. Do I need to rent a house or flat before landing Canada or I have to stay in a hotel for a while then I have to find a house or flat for rent after arrive in Canada? Can I rent a flat or house from UK before my landing?
I'd advise staying in a hotel first, that way you can actually go see apartments and make a proper decision

05. As per the landing guideline, I have to make two copies of personal goods list when travel to Canada. Is it for hand baggage or main baggage or for both baggages? Is the Immigration officer will check every single piece of personal goods from my all baggage as per the goods list? Do I need to be very strict to make the list so that I don’t miss any small items (e.g. tooth brush, tooth paste etc.)? Do I need to put the price of items as well or only the item name and quantity?
You need one list of goods with you - you can be very vague - eg suitcase of clothes, cds & personal items. You also need a list of items you'll be shipping seseparatelyif any)

06. If my wife pregnant during landing in Canada, do I need to inform the CIC, London. If so how I will inform? Is it by email or letter? If I don’t inform the CIC, is their any problem during landing?
Not sure on this one - when is she due? I'd imagine that you want to have the baby in Canada, otherwise you won;t have a visa for the baby. Make sure you look into provincial heath for Alberta and if there are wait times for qualifying (in BC you have to wait 3 mths from landing to be eligible)

Can anyone please clarify the above queries or share similar experiences?

Thanks for your support and co-operation.

Kind Regards,
morahman
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

morahman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Received PR visa from CIC, London, Quaries regarding landing?

Dear Rob_999,

Thanks a lot for quick reply and advise.

Regards,
morahman