Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Recci booked for Okotoks

Recci booked for Okotoks

Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:01 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all
Default Recci booked for Okotoks

Well weve had some good news, OH had a telephone interview last week and they also talked at length with me. On Monday we received an e-mail inviting us over for interviews.....and I mean interviews we are having 2. OH has to have road test and a medical and go out with a driver trainer for 2 days, then and interview in Calgary and Edmonton, so all in all it pretty much eats into the 10 days we are there.

Anyway we fly out on 19th June and are really excited and hope to fit in house hunting, schools and of course see the sights lol!!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:16 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recci booked for Okotoks

Originally Posted by Geordielass
Well weve had some good news, OH had a telephone interview last week and they also talked at length with me. On Monday we received an e-mail inviting us over for interviews.....and I mean interviews we are having 2. OH has to have road test and a medical and go out with a driver trainer for 2 days, then and interview in Calgary and Edmonton, so all in all it pretty much eats into the 10 days we are there.

Anyway we fly out on 19th June and are really excited and hope to fit in house hunting, schools and of course see the sights lol!!
Well when your house hunting don't forget that little village to the north of the great metropolis of Okotoks, it's called Calgary.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

md5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nice

Geordielass,

We are off to Calgary on Sunday the wifes LMO came today, perfect timing, and looking at houses in and around Okotoks. We cant wait, I think mostly because the kids are being left behind, when we get back happy to answer any questions.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:23 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

House hunting in Okotoks will take at least half a day
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:33 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Moose hunting in Okotoks will take at least half a day
Isnt that Season finished?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

well done everyone. We've being living in Okotoks for 12 weeks now and absolutely love it. Any questions please PM as I know there are probably loads. Its a really exciting time coming out looking.

Okotoks is great for families and everyone is soooo friendly. Our girls 12 & 15 have settled really well.

Safe trips to all.

Ali
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

.......oh you mean Englandotoks?!?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

Depends how you look at it really. Yes there are a number of brits here but that helps with the settling in process but we have also made a number of Canadian friends and we feel its the perfect balance. And it really helps that the Canadians welcome us here with open arms especially the girls friends at school. We felt after living nearish London that Calgary was too Cityish for us.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali-simon
We felt after living nearish London that Calgary was too Cityish for us.
I am always curious about this. How does living in Okotoks differ from living in, say, Chapparal in Calgary? How does living in Okotoks not feel like living in Chapparal? (Except of course that it takes an extra 15 mins for most people to get to work)
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:23 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I am always curious about this. How does living in Okotoks differ from living in, say, Chapparal in Calgary? How does living in Okotoks not feel like living in Chapparal? (Except of course that it takes an extra 15 mins for most people to get to work)
AC. HOW can you compare Chapparal with Okotoks? I would have to rate the appeal of Chapparal with that of Forest Lawn
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
AC. HOW can you compare Chapparal with Okotoks? I would have to rate the appeal of Chapparal with that of Forest Lawn

I was picking a community in Calgary that somebody in Okotoks may be aware of. The comparison would work in most of Calgary's communities that are sufficiently removed from downtown so as not to feel like downtown, if you know what I mean.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:28 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by md5037
Geordielass,

We are off to Calgary on Sunday the wifes LMO came today, perfect timing, and looking at houses in and around Okotoks. We cant wait, I think mostly because the kids are being left behind, when we get back happy to answer any questions.
Hi and good luck for Sunday, thanks for the offer...
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:29 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by Brownstar
House hunting in Okotoks will take at least half a day
does that mean it has a cosy and compact Town feel then
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I was picking a community in Calgary that somebody in Okotoks may be aware of. The comparison would work in most of Calgary's communities that are sufficiently removed from downtown so as not to feel like downtown, if you know what I mean.
For example..............................
Silverado?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:32 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
For example..............................
Silverado?
That's a truck...innit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.