Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Recce trip to Nova Scotia

Recce trip to Nova Scotia

Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

karabrittan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recce trip to Nova Scotia

My family and I are planning a trip top Nova Scotia in June this year and I would really like to get some meetings set up for my husband whilst we are there if at all possible. He is a Senior Records Manager for a public sector company, he is currently doing a Masters Degree in Records Managements and is due to be made redundant in March 2012, we hope to relocate to Canada sometime next year. I would like to try and make contact with some public sector companies such as universities etc and wonder if anone has any tips on how I should go about doing this.

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Recce trip to Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by karabrittan
My family and I are planning a trip top Nova Scotia in June this year and I would really like to get some meetings set up for my husband whilst we are there if at all possible. He is a Senior Records Manager for a public sector company, he is currently doing a Masters Degree in Records Managements and is due to be made redundant in March 2012, we hope to relocate to Canada sometime next year. I would like to try and make contact with some public sector companies such as universities etc and wonder if anone has any tips on how I should go about doing this.

Thanks
Our experience with contacting universities/colleges is that they are very happy to chat with you, but they weren't keen on formal meetings with a long timescale (our timescale is similar - over a year away).

We spoke to HR initially, who passed us on to eg the Dean and heads of faculty - but that was for education.

We found we got much more response from calling; email responses were a bit hit and miss to say the least.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

JandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to all
Default Re: Recce trip to Nova Scotia

When we last went out on a reccy trip a couple of years ago, my wife wanted to speak to the universities as well. We sent some emails in the week/fortnight before our trip and then called or emailed again when we landed - we got several useful appointments this way.