Recce Trip

Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:23 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recce Trip

Thanks, I was asking Mr El Richo, it sounds to me like he lives in NS too

I am sure you will like it here very much Macbarflan, I hope you get everything out of your reccie that you need
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:44 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Lookout for OPEN houses on a Saturday or Sunday, usually between 12pm. till 4pm, these are houses that are for sale and you can just walk in and have a nosey round. May give you a better idea of the living standards in Canada. And some ideas for your new house in were ever you land, land.
I totally agree with this - going to an Open House in the type of area you would like to live in and within the parameters of your actual budget, makes it all much more real.

I took a small digital recorder with me and it was fantastic, after a long day I could sink down with a much needed drink, it takes to long to write all your thoughts when you are on the move, but I could sum up my day and my feelings and our son did too. It helped us remember things, like what areas looked nice etc. Good Luck!

Last edited by MillieF; Feb 10th 2012 at 12:45 am. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:48 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Ummm, Glasgow is, trust me.
I don't doubt that it's has wet and gloomy days throughout the year.

Originally Posted by Howefamily
we have been here nearly a year and I always pay attention to my surroundings wherever I am. I love England and I love it here. Where are you, out of interest?
I live in Halifax, NS.

Still, lets not have facts get in the way of a good old moan about the weather in England
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
I live in Halifax, NS.
When did that happen?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 6:03 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
When did that happen?
Today at 8:48am PST
Old Feb 10th 2012, 6:24 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

hahahha
Old Feb 10th 2012, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I don't doubt that it's has wet and gloomy days throughout the year.

I live in Halifax, NS.

Still, lets not have facts get in the way of a good old moan about the weather in England
Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
When did that happen?
I was wondering too... I didn't think you were from these parts, you're more into the limelight
Old Feb 10th 2012, 10:43 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I know hes so KNOWLEDGABLE on the weather here that I honestly believed that he had first hand experience from living here
Old Feb 12th 2012, 4:55 am
Beep

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I know hes so KNOWLEDGABLE on the weather here that I honestly believed that he had first hand experience from living here
So you dispute the official statistics i posted then?

As i said earlier, lets not have facts get in the way of a good old moan about the weather in England
Old Feb 12th 2012, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all

good luck with your recce trip.
We went across twice and I would agree with some on here to take as many pictures as you can even record it too.
I took a writing pad with me and each night I sat for 15mins or so and wrote down what we had done and seen.
We visited supermarkets and looked at the prices of everything we would buy over here, well I say that what we could find anyway lol.
We also fitted in some nice days out as 3 little boys need more entertainment that lots of trailing round lol.
We visited the bowling alley and the local shopping areas as well as the beach!

Enjoy and take everything in Kirsty x
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

So you dispute the official statistics i posted then?

As i said earlier, lets not have facts get in the way of a good old moan about the weather in England
I think that's a little unfair. I walk to work here and it never seems to rain, and the sky seems clearer more often.
It also gets dark later here which I love.
but all these things might be particular to Yarmouth NS?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:53 am
Beep

Originally Posted by DandNHill
It also gets dark later here which I love.
but all these things might be particular to Yarmouth NS?
Just going by the weather stats

I'm sure NS has some lovely days and not so lovely days, as with England. I'm just trying to give some perspective to the OP in the off chance they're as swayed by weather, and their perception of it, as much as many on here.

Looking at the sun rise and sun set figures for August last year, the sunset in Yarmouth NS was much earlier than London UK. Same with the sun rise.

Compare Leeds UK to Yarmouth NS and Halifax NS in July last year the difference is much more in the favour of Leeds UK which had longer daylight hrs.

I'm really not trying to pick a fight about this. Just trying to keep some objectivity and perspective for the sake of the OP
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Just going by the weather stats

Didn't think you were being argumentative, you're a half full glass BE member

I'm sure NS has some lovely days and not so lovely days, as with England. I'm just trying to give some perspective to the OP in the off chance they're as swayed by weather, and their perception of it, as much as many on here.

Looking at the sun rise and sun set figures for August last year, the sunset in Yarmouth NS was much earlier than London UK. Same with the sun rise.

Compare Leeds UK to Yarmouth NS and Halifax NS in July last year the difference is much more in the favour of Leeds UK which had longer daylight hrs.

I'm really not trying to pick a fight about this. Just trying to keep some objectivity and perspective for the sake of the OP
For one, we're British we love discussing the weather!!

I'm happy to go along with your figures, no problem but when in winter, close to the shortest day, it's still semi daylight at 5pm I have to disagree on number of hours of daylight!

I can't compare to Leeds, I've never been there!!!

You are right about perspective for the OP's benefit so I would say:

- More snow, even during a mild winter like this one (she says whilst it's snowing heavily outside!!) than in south of UK
- More temperature fluctuations. This winter has varied from +8 to -12 here
- It rains at more convenient times than it did in Sussex

I think that covers it. I shall report on the sun when i see it!!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 11:00 am
Beep

Originally Posted by DandNHill
For one, we're British we love discussing the weather!!

I'm happy to go along with your figures, no problem but when in winter, close to the shortest day, it's still semi daylight at 5pm I have to disagree on number of hours of daylight!

I can't compare to Leeds, I've never been there!!!

You are right about perspective for the OP's benefit so I would say:

- More snow, even during a mild winter like this one (she says whilst it's snowing heavily outside!!) than in south of UK
- More temperature fluctuations. This winter has varied from +8 to -12 here
- It rains at more convenient times than it did in Sussex

I think that covers it. I shall report on the sun when i see it!!
Oh i agree that at specific times of the year, NS has more daylight hrs than areas in the UK. But you have to agree that there are other times when it's the other way around.

I'm just countering some generalisations that contain incorrect information, that's all
Old Feb 12th 2012, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh i agree that at specific times of the year, NS has more daylight hrs than areas in the UK. But you have to agree that there are other times when it's the other way around.

I'm just countering some generalisations that contain incorrect information, that's all
I like generalising!! Don't take that away from me!!!

I have only been here 5 1/2 months (see I like to be precise!!) so still have 6 1/2 months to experience the weather first.

Check with me in August what I think.... I'm sure I will then have the answer to the whole NS weather system!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.