Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

reasons for moving to canada

reasons for moving to canada

Old Feb 10th 2013, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reasons for moving to canada

Well they won't see their Daddy having a knife pulled on him in his own back garden again will they?

And no that was not my reply,it was a question,I thought that was obvious?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:00 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scootb
Well they won't see their Daddy having a knife pulled on him in his own back garden again will they?
It depends.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Thre...580/story.html
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:01 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

You are going to get a variety of replies based on everyones personal experience - some good, some bad. I also truly believe the reason someone moved here does impact their experience too.

We love it. Fresh air, space, large home, pool, nice people, lakes and beaches, nice job (sometimes ), lovely neighbours, 4 seasons (Spring sucks).

There are bugs, you will get bitten and I personally dont enjoy gardening because of it, BUT the pro's far outweigh the cons for us.
We spend so much time outdoors in the Summer that I barely recognize myself now. And we are skiing next weekend.

Cheese - maybe my tastes have changed (downgraded?) but I think that Cracker Barrels Extra Old Fort looks and tastes just like mature cheddar in the UK, ignoring the fact its shaped like a roof tile, of course. And if you keep your eyes on the flyers you can always buy it on offer - hence saying yourself some $$$
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:05 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that will happen here unless you get involved in a drugs gang... we have crime here in Halifax but it doesnt seem to be random, doesnt appear to just involve bored teens for the hell of it (stabbings etc) and doesnt seem to be so rampant.

There IS drug related crime and shootings, and some areas I would rather not spend time in due to this, but largely I feel SO much safer here
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:08 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I doubt that will happen here unless you get involved in a drugs gang... we have crime here in Halifax but it doesnt seem to be random, doesnt appear to just involve bored teens for the hell of it (stabbings etc) and doesnt seem to be so rampant.

There IS drug related crime and shootings, and some areas I would rather not spend time in due to this, but largely I feel SO much safer here
That's half the battle.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:09 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

ITT: Naive people.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:10 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by Alan2005
ITT: Naive people.
???
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:13 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by Oink
That's half the battle.
Indeed, I used to have to put up with people shouting obscentities in my quiet little road in Surrey and they were still in school, I had to cross the road rather than walk through them. Hasnt happened here in my new quiet little road
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:18 pm

Indeed, I used to have to put up with people shouting obscentities in my quiet little road in Surrey and they were still in school, I had to cross the road rather than walk through them. Hasnt happened here in my new quiet little road
Me too. I used to live in a picturesque village in Kent and although there hadn't been a violent crime since 1956, reality aside, I used feel very unsafe but not here in Vancouver. And I did used to watch a lot telly though, but I'm too busy now.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:19 pm
Happy

That's half the battle.
Me too. I used to live in a picturesque village in Kent and although there hadn't been a violent crime since 1956, I used feel very unsafe but not here in Vancouver. I used to watch a lot telly though, but I'm too busy now.
thats a shame
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

What on earth you on about ??
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

we had a kid shooting at another teen on a bus in Halifax last week, seems to be a fair bit of gun crime here..
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...st-bottle.html

I take my kids to the toysrus next to that Asda fairly often,or did!

There's something seriously wrong with some people.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:53 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by clay
we had a kid shooting at another teen on a bus in Halifax last week, seems to be a fair bit of gun crime here..
there sure is.... I didnt hear of this one though. what was that all about?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

there sure is.... I didnt hear of this one though. what was that all about?
teenager argueing with some others and he pulled a handgun and fired a shot, police arrested him, think he missed his target, seems to be a gun related crime every week reported in the Metro, hence why I was asking seriously why this is the best place in the world to bring up kids, we have a 4 year old and are deciding whether to stay ( not just because of the gun crime rate ) just in general.. schooling etc.... whats your thoughts ? seem to read about kids from the Uk being at least a year in front when they start school, our little one is still in daycare, so not that concerned yet.. we are happy with the daycare here though... and what her prospects are in NS when she;s older...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.