Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Reasons to believe

Reasons to believe

Old Feb 28th 2020, 7:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons to believe

Originally Posted by adrianj
I live in Mississauga, though I had no option as wife was here before me for 10 years.
I've left keys in the front door over night, car unlocked, and 10 grands worth of equipment in my garage
The only problem I get is getting ticketed parked outside my house when I forgot to play the "lets shuffle our cars" game
and this at 4am in the morning when there people obviously are having problems parking in a side street

I don't suggest that Mississauga is particularly crime ridden, I've no opinion on that. My concern is that, if you live in it, you have to look at it.

Old Feb 29th 2020, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think other people do, just I can get distracted at times, any other neighbourhood leaving keys in your front door will illicit a break in, well sometimes,
the point is, I consider the area safe, so not sure what the point is of pointing fingers at certain areas, unless it's pointing out the demographics of specific people living in that area

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I'd hazard a guess that that is because, it would appear, people in your neighbourhood leave their "...keys in the front door over night, car unlocked, and 10 grands worth of equipment in their garage" The two are likely related.
Old Feb 29th 2020, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, I'm not seeing what your trying to get to, your saying "horrible" areas: and targeted Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, unless you say "what" is horrible I can't understand what your issue is.

In my area, I feel safe, I've never got into any fights, I've jogged at all times of the day, my dd has been taken for walks to the local parks by her elderly granddad, I've not seen any anti-social behaviour
car crime, cars on bricks, kids hanging around, not even in the strip malls.

More than I can say about London uk (born and bred) even the schools my daughter has frequented has not had any issues and in the locale, can't think of any lockdowns for shooters.
they had a lockdown for the spotting of some wolf kinda animal, otherwise, nah

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't suggest that Mississauga is particularly crime ridden, I've no opinion on that. My concern is that, if you live in it, you have to look at it.
Old Feb 29th 2020, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adrianj
I don't think other people do, just I can get distracted at times, any other neighbourhood leaving keys in your front door will illicit a break in, well sometimes,
the point is, I consider the area safe, so not sure what the point is of pointing fingers at certain areas, unless it's pointing out the demographics of specific people living in that area
I am pretty certain that the poster's comment was to do with the aesthetics of the houses, not the people that live in them. His view of the architectural issues of the subdivisions of the GTA is well documented on here.
Old Feb 29th 2020, 6:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I am pretty certain that the poster's comment was to do with the aesthetics of the houses, not the people that live in them. His view of the architectural issues of the subdivisions of the GTA is well documented on here.
Indeed. If adrianj does live in Mississauga (NotQEW) and is legally blind then I apologise.