Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

realtors......would a British estate agent system do well here

realtors......would a British estate agent system do well here

Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of
Default Re: realtors......would a British estate agent system do well here

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I take it that's a no then
When selling houses my fees are not calculated in the normal way. On my side of the deal I charge a fixed rate of 3,000 4,000 or 5,000 dollars depending on the value of the home. If you are asking me if I give sellers a cash back then the answer is no, I just sell at a fixed rate. Buyers are given 25% of my commission. If you choose to sell and buy with me then I sell for a fixed rate and I give you the cash back when you buy.

Last edited by Sam-in-Okotoks; Aug 13th 2009 at 1:41 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks
When selling houses my fees are not calculated in the normal way. On my side of the deal I charge a fixed rate of 3,000 4,000 or 5,000 dollars depending on the value of the home. If you are asking me if I give sellers a cash back then the answer is no, I just sell at a fixed rate. Buyers are given 25% of my commission. If you choose to sell and buy with me then I sell for a fixed rate and I give you the cash back when you buy.

OK. Have you successfully sold a property for a vendor?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:45 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Have you successfully sold a property for a vendor?
I really like the sound of Sams business model - if I was buying (or selling) near where she was I'd be giving her a call for sure.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I really like the sound of Sams business model - if I was buying (or selling) near where she was I'd be giving her a call for sure.
I agree that it sounds great but there is a but which is... Would purchasers' realtors show her properties to their clients knowing full well that they (the realtors) will be taking a huge hit on their commissions?

Edit - Having just reviewed her website, it appears that the purchasers' realtor still get the "normal" amount of commission, it is only Sam's commission that is reduced. So whilst it is true that Sam will charge the figures referred to above, the vendor will have to pay additional commissions to the purchasers' realtor. I am sure that Sam will corrrect me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Aug 13th 2009 at 3:52 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

I agree that it sounds great but there is a but which is... Would purchasers' realtors show her properties to their clients knowing full well that they (the realtors) will be taking a huge hit on their commissions?
Now I see where this is going, my fee for selling is a fixed rate I don't charge the traditional commission on my part of the sale. However we still have to offer the other side 3 1/2 on the first 100,000 and 1 1/2 on the remainder. As I said before there is a calculator on my site that clearly breaks down my fee structure. www.callrhino.com/cmcalc.asp
Hope this clears it up.
Sam
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Alan
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:57 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

OK, the majority of people seem to have a problem with how much realtors charge.

How many of you complaining about the fee structure actually work for less than the market rate within your occupation?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:09 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
How many of you complaining about the fee structure actually work for less than the market rate within your occupation?
Im guessing that probably around half work for less than the average for their occupation...
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:18 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Im guessing that probably around half work for less than the average for their occupation...
I didnt say average, I said MARKET.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:18 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, the majority of people seem to have a problem with how much realtors charge.

I think it's more the disparity between what they change vs what they appear to do.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:19 pm

I didnt say average, I said MARKET.
Well - how would you calculate the market price. You could say it was the average or you could say that everyone is working for the market price (as they agreed to do the work for the amount on the open market)
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:20 pm
Banned

I think it's more the disparity between what they change vs what they appear to do.
You mean like Accountants? Lawyers? Dentists? Doctors (GPs I'm refering to here)?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's an unfair question as they are a closed shop (as is my profession).

The question should be: Are you prepared to pay their rates?

You mean like Accountants? Lawyers? Dentists? Doctors (GPs I'm refering to here)?
I wasn't making a judgement (I'm done with that and don't need to go over it again), just giving a reason
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

People regularly complain about their rates as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.