Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Realtors for Renting in Calgary

Realtors for Renting in Calgary

Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realtors for Renting in Calgary

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I see that you got one response that says realtors don't do rentals. This may well be the case in Calgary (honestly have no idea) but in some other provinces realtors will help sort you out a rental. Their commission comes from the landlord (in the same way as if you use a realtor to purchase the home the commission comes from the seller). A good one will drive you around to check out properties, give advice as to areas and schools etc. I would call a few in Calgary and see if they really don't, some just prefer not to because it is a lot of work for very little money.
OK thanks!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Short Commute is the main reason. I want to live as far out as possible as I don't like living too close to the city! So we have to compromise!
IMVHO there is little difference in living in a community within spitting distance of downtown or living on the outskirts. The communities will feel very much the same, with the exception that, generally, the closer to downtown, the older the property.

It is not like living in a UK city.

I wouldn't want to live too far out unless I wanted easy access to the outdoors and one particular quadrant was better for this than the others and travelling was made much quicker because of location.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
IMVHO there is little difference in living in a community within spitting distance of downtown or living on the outskirts. The communities will feel very much the same, with the exception that, generally, the closer to downtown, the older the property.

It is not like living in a UK city.

I wouldn't want to live too far out unless I wanted easy access to the outdoors and one particular quadrant was better for this than the others and travelling was made much quicker because of location.
You sound just like my hubby! He would have us living a block from his office!

Seriously tho our family time here is no-where near as much as we would like as he does a 75 min commute each way most days!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously tho our family time here is no-where near as much as we would like as he does a 75 min commute each way most days!
Well unless he is stuck on the Deerfoot Trail his commute will be considerably less in Calgary.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well unless he is stuck on the Deerfoot Trail his commute will be considerably less in Calgary.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

If he takes the C-Train to downtown, it will be a rare situation that resulted in him taking anything like that amount of time to get to work.

I live in a community that was, when we purchased our house, the most southern in the city. It is no longer.

I enjoy living where we do but, if the truth be known, I believe that I could live anywhere in Calgary. The communities are, unfortunately, very much of a muchness. The only thing that could persuade me to live in one as opposed to another, is something about that community that is not available in any other (proximity to a place I frequented regularly, etc).
Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Wow almost 3 pages long and nobody has called Calgary a shithole yet
Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

If he takes the C-Train to downtown, it will be a rare situation that resulted in him taking anything like that amount of time to get to work.

I live in a community that was, when we purchased our house, the most southern in the city. It is no longer.

I enjoy living where we do but, if the truth be known, I believe that I could live anywhere in Calgary. The communities are, unfortunately, very much of a muchness. The only thing that could persuade me to live in one as opposed to another, is something about that community that is not available in any other (proximity to a place I frequented regularly, etc).
That's great to hear as I think his worst nightmare is ending up in a Community where the links aren't good or for example thinking he could get the train and it turns out unreliable and then he gets stuck in traffic etc. It really impacts his day here and he is determined to have a small commute.

That's because it's not. Anyone that says otherwise is just looking for an argument...
Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's great to hear as I think his worst nightmare is ending up in a Community where the links aren't good or for example thinking he could get the train and it turns out unreliable and then he gets stuck in traffic etc. It really impacts his day here and he is determined to have a small commute.

That's because it's not. Anyone that says otherwise is just looking for an argument...
You might want to read this if you want to become a true Calgarian
http://mikesbloggityblog.com/2007/11...calgarian.html
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

You might want to read this if you want to become a true Calgarian
http://mikesbloggityblog.com/2007/11...calgarian.html
although I draw the line at 2 cowboy hats...
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

although I draw the line at 2 cowboy hats...
How about a Ford F150 with gun rack and dog in the back unsecured?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't think I'll have any use for a gun rack but I do have a big stupid dog...
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unlikely to see many of those in Calgary. In Alberta, yes, not too many within the city.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Those from Toronto will be along soon
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Those from Toronto will be along soon
Is that the lot that laugh at people for wanting their kids to stay kids?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.