Wikiposts

realtors

Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold
Default realtors

Hi - does anyone have any suggestions for how to choose a realtor? I'm going over in a few weeks to find a house (if I can, if not it'll just have to be rental). I know the area quite well already and am quite specific on requirements, so don't really need someone just to trawl through MLS for me, but how do I know what makes a good realtor - is it just word of mouth or are there any specific questions I should be asking? (It's Halifax, NS we're going to) Thanks!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Louisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: realtors

PM sent
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:24 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Getting a referral from some one is the best way.

When you meet them ask them what the current market is like, what is the average price of house selling for in the area you are interested in, what is the average list to selling average. How much has the market changed in the last year? What is the forecast for next year (may not know exact as no one does, but should have an idea of the local economy and how that affects housing)

These are basic questions any good realtor working with both buyers and sellers should know.

I live and work in Cochrane which is 30km outside Calgary. We do not have the same sort of market as Calgary, so if you are planning on living outside Halifax then make sure she knows the LOCAL market, not just the general stuff that is written in the papers.

I see that some one has pm you and hopefully that will be a referral, which are always a good place to start.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Helen, that's a help and the other post was a recommendation which is a great starting place,
thanks again!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

mcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the rough

PM'd you - recommend speaking to a few realtors to find the one you get on with best......