Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

real canadian superstore does it again

Wikiposts

real canadian superstore does it again

Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: real canadian superstore does it again

Wiltshire bacon
Rich Tea
Disgestive
Chocolate Digestive

PC is the best!
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Wiltshire bacon
Rich Tea
Disgestive
Chocolate Digestive

PC is the best!
My mistake then.
I found a couple jars of branston's pickle the other day and my husband is in love with the stuff!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

dinoffc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Scotch pies not eggs you daft thing. Superstore here has Melton Mowbray pork pies and cornish pasties.
Damnation, my dreams are shattered!! So what is a Scotch pie then, haggis in Pastry?

I searched on Wikipedia and it just says that it's a pie with minced mutton or other meat?!? What's special about that?

And when sold in chip shops it's deep fried!!!!!!!!!!? Along with the Mars Bars for desert I suppose!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:18 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dinoffc
Damnation, my dreams are shattered!! So what is a Scotch pie then, haggis in Pastry?

I searched on Wikipedia and it just says that it's a pie with minced mutton or other meat?!? What's special about that?

And when sold in chip shops it's deep fried!!!!!!!!!!? Along with the Mars Bars for desert I suppose!
Steady on there, your exclamation marks are out of control. I've never eaten a Scotch pie but the look lie a normal pie/pork pie cross

http://tartanink.files.wordpress.com...scotch-pie.jpg

You can make Scotch eggs quite easily if you want to fulfil your culinary lust
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Got some Scotch Pies and Wiltshire Back Bacon today.
Pie was good (no I did not deep fry it!!!) and hubby enjoyed the bacon, not quite the large rashers we are used to but it was good.

The frozen yorkshire puds from Superstore are meant to be good, I haven't tried them yet.

Mandy
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:26 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trophy
Pie was good (no I did not deep fry it!!!) and hubby enjoyed the bacon, not quite the large rashers we are used to but it was good.

The frozen yorkshire puds from Superstore are meant to be good, I haven't tried them yet.

Mandy

I get packs of ready made yorkshire puddings from superstore, if your looking for them in ours they are with the deserts next to the frozen cheesecakes
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:57 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I get packs of ready made yorkshire puddings from superstore, if your looking for them in ours they are with the deserts next to the frozen cheesecakes
I haven't bought ready made yorkshires for years, it's so easy to make them and they taste so much better
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:02 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trophy

Mandy
You can thank me for the bacon if you got it from Red Deer - I sent an email complaining about them discontinuing the bacon last week, the reply I got said that the manager was going to order for this weekend
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dinoffc

this makes me laugh
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
You can thank me for the bacon if you got it from Red Deer - I sent an email complaining about them discontinuing the bacon last week, the reply I got said that the manager was going to order for this weekend
Hi Piff Poff
I did get it from Red Deer. Thanks sent to you.
I went in the other day and they told me it was on order and would have it in 2 - 3 days. They were true to their word

Have got a few home comforts from Superstore.

Mandy
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

H'mm ! I may have to try the e-mailing the manager route for the Scotch Pies - they havent stocked them here for over 6 months , unless Atlantic Xpat is buying them all up
Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:51 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
H'mm ! I may have to try the e-mailing the manager route for the Scotch Pies - they havent stocked them here for over 6 months , unless Atlantic Xpat is buying them all up
You know what they were really quick with the reply, it's worth a try!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:03 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
You know what they were really quick with the reply, it's worth a try!
Did you use this email:
Lavinia Bruzzone
Senior Customer Relations Representative I LCL Customer Relations
[email protected]

If so that's the quick route.

I used the website contact method and it took them ten days to get back to me.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Did you use this email:
Lavinia Bruzzone
Senior Customer Relations Representative I LCL Customer Relations
[email protected]

If so that's the quick route.

I used the website contact method and it took them ten days to get back to me.
No, I emailed the website 'contact us', it took about a week I suppose (including a weekend). This was my response, I'm just impressed that not only did they listen but they did something about it too

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

I’m so happy to tell you that I have been in touch with Harold, the Meat Manager, at your Red Deer Superstore, who has placed an order for the PC Beacon Rashers. We expect this product will be available again in your store by the end of the week!

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Julie Dunham

Sr. Coordinator, Communications I LCL Customer Relations
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:54 am
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sheera67
just finished of two and a half scotch pies from canadian superstore, there advertised as scotch meat pies from a traditional scottish recipe,

wow they were really good

another big star for canadian superstore there food just keeps getting better and better
Mmmmmm, I've had these and they're just as good
All I need to complete my life is lorne square sausage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.