Reload this Page >

Ready to pack my bags, and make the move in 2021

Ready to pack my bags, and make the move in 2021

Old May 23rd 2020, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Santiago93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Ready to pack my bags, and make the move in 2021

My current circumstances:

Still saving an 'efficient' amount of money before I consider moving.
I am a 27 years old and will be planning on making the move by my self.
I have BSC honours in Computing and currently work as a data analyst for about 4 years now.
My desired place of move is to British Columbia in Surrey or Vancouver.
I have been to Canada three times, and maybe the 4th in August if we are permitted too.

In your opinion:

What area of BC, would be the best value for rental? What should I be expecting?
Would it be better to get a job confirmed first, or make the move and get a retail job for example before I get something permanent?

I am reviewing what path may be the best for me, but would like to get a better view.
Old May 23rd 2020, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready to pack my bags, and make the move in 2021

What is your citizenship? If a UK citizen I would be looking at the IEC programme for 2021. Why? If accepted you get a 2 year open work permit to work anywhere in Canada. If you find Canada not your thing then you just simply return home. The IEC also opens up other avenues to become a PR. Nothing to lose everything to gain unless not accepted into the IEC.
Old May 24th 2020, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready to pack my bags, and make the move in 2021

Originally Posted by Santiago93 View Post
I have been to Canada three times, and maybe the 4th in August if we are permitted too.
I would be surprised and a little concerned if quarantine restrictions were lifted by then in BC.