Reload this Page >

RE: Canadian Banking Account

RE: Canadian Banking Account

Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Canadian Banking Account

Hi all

I am Canadian PR and would like to set up Canadian Banking Account ahead of my arrival. My problem is that I do not have an address out there yet. I have tried to do it via HSBC but these guys happened to be quite useless and did not bother to ring me up after my initial inquiry.

I was thinking about RBC since they have that very welcoming ad “ we are here to help all newcomers”.

Have you got any idea on above please. I will obviously need Canadian cheques to pay rent, banking card for shopping etc

Thank you
Tom
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:30 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Banking Account

RBC can set up a non resident account that you can pay money into , while you are still in the UK.

When you land , you go in and show your passport etc and they convret it to a normal account. You get your client card there and then , and blank cheques.

you can also sort out a credit card ( secured if needed)
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jackal
Hi all

I am Canadian PR and would like to set up Canadian Banking Account ahead of my arrival. My problem is that I do not have an address out there yet. I have tried to do it via HSBC but these guys happened to be quite useless and did not bother to ring me up after my initial inquiry.

I was thinking about RBC since they have that very welcoming ad “ we are here to help all newcomers”.

Have you got any idea on above please. I will obviously need Canadian cheques to pay rent, banking card for shopping etc

Thank you
Tom
Hi Tom,
If you are moving to the Calgary area I have a contact that will open a TD Bank account before you arrive. It can be opened via email and you get free banking for 6 months. Sam
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:19 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Just open an account when you get here and then transfer funds from the uk.

We did this with td without a problem. I brought my equifax from the uk, you know the free one we all get online, and i got a 5,000 dollar visa card straight away.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

With RBC you can open an account prior to arriving: http://www.rbc.com/canada/before-you...ab=arrange_tab

They have a toll-free number to call to set it up:

To open an account, call us collect at 1-506-864-2275 and we can speak to you in the language of your choice.