Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rate of exchange

Rate of exchange

Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:09 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rate of exchange

Originally Posted by DandNHill

Well the exchange rate might be pants but thanks guys you've cheered me up with your comments!!
I'm a little puzzled. When did you last look at the rate? IIRC its roughly the same now as it was this time last year. (When I was also back in the UK en vacance) at around $1.55-60 to the GBP. The days of $2 to the GBP are long gone.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:39 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I'm a little puzzled. When did you last look at the rate? IIRC its roughly the same now as it was this time last year. (When I was also back in the UK en vacance) at around $1.55-60 to the GBP. The days of $2 to the GBP are long gone.
it would be nice to get it $1.55-60 when i looked in post office last weekend they were offering $1.46 ahhh memories i remember getting $2.20 gremmie are you sure its because youve been away from blighty too long or are you just getting OLD
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:56 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Oh my god! Have you seen the rate of exchange? It's completely pants!!!!
not sure when youre going but when i get home at weekend ill pm you a couple of numbers. Mrs arniedog and i went to London in Jan and found a couple of exchange places that were offering 10-15 c more to the £ than anywhere else ive seen. Not a great deal i know but depending on how much youre taking it could work out quite a bit extra
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arniedog
not sure when youre going but when i get home at weekend ill pm you a couple of numbers. Mrs arniedog and i went to London in Jan and found a couple of exchange places that were offering 10-15 c more to the £ than anywhere else ive seen. Not a great deal i know but depending on how much youre taking it could work out quite a bit extra
Oh yes please
Thanks
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:57 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
No you sarcky bugger i know those terms as they've been arround for yonks, but as I left the UK over 25 years ago some of the new terms mean nothing to me.
I never heard of it either, I thought it was trousers!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:59 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arniedog
You are looking in the wrong places then. No FX house has that much difference, a few pips maybe, but not 10%. RBC are $1.52 today. Credit card rates are often as good as the bank rate for travel money, sometimes better overall.

Last edited by Aviator; Jul 8th 2011 at 5:02 pm.