Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Racist Employers

Racist Employers

Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:35 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racist Employers

Originally Posted by Nuckynoo
Please leave this thread your annoying
I'm a plonker apparently. Is that some sort of ground nut?
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:37 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

And you are borderline illiterate.

I really wonder what it is you are trying to achieve here. I ask again. Do you really want to move to a country that is giving so so many reasons to complain before you've even moved here?

Maybe Canada isn't for you
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Nuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to behold

Don't know why on earth I bother when this thread has been bombarded with intimidating comments and accusations against me!

Every other reply has been patronising

I shall not be using this site again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Nuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to beholdNuckynoo is a splendid one to behold

Zoe Bell you have no right to say that
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:41 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know why on earth I bother when this thread has been bombarded with intimidating comments and accusations against me!

Have you thought of moving to Ireland? I hear they're all moving to Canada so opportunities might be bountiful!
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:42 pm
"In cruce vincam"

I think you'll find she has.
Regards
"A Plonker"
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:46 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but Zoe does have a point though... If you are going to insult someone (Riv) at least make sure you spell it correctly and throw some punctuation in for good measure.

Anyhow see ya
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:53 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Well you see my dear. Unlike you, I can back my premise up with several examples:

I'm married to the guy plonker !!!
Read my original message dur
Your the one stating that I'm racist ?

Whereas you have the sum total of your own experience , which as many have pointed out has very little to do with race and more to do with immigration status and the say so of one (possibly mythical) Government employee, whom I'm betting would not go on public record to say what you have claimed.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:59 pm
"In cruce vincam"

This has been fun but I have to do some work for a while but don't worry Nucky, I'll be back in a while if you need any more tips on immigration and fitting in. We're all here to help.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

OP you titled the thread racist employers based on someone at an Alberta employment office saying that employers are racist when choosing employers.
Does racism exist in Canada yes it does much like it occurs in many other countries and against all races including white people.
Far too often in my job the race card is played and people use it as a weapon where in a lot of cases racism isn't being displayed.
Do some people get screened out of jobs because of their name or ethnic background then yes it will happen but proving it Is another matter. Yes there have been cases when the same person used a different name and got interviews/jobs but those cases are few.
What has been pointed out that at the moment until your OH gets accepted under the EE stream and is issued with documents for PR and will then legally be entitled to work in Canada then its highly unlikely he will be offered a job.
Since CIC cracked down on temporary foreign workers being allowed to work in Canada the vast majority of employers wont hire anyone who is not legally entitled to work in Canada and has the necessary documentation to do so.
That is not racism.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 5:06 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

whoa, wait a minute...

Yes some jabs at you, some really good comments & suggestions, as well as advice from folks that have travelled the road you're on.

Please stick around & keep us abreast of how your OH is making out with his application as well as the job search.

Has he considered making an application for assessment leading to taking the 'Red Seal' challenge exam to get trade certified in the province that you are considering making home?

Tradesecrets - Interprovincial Red Seal

Tradesecrets - Red Seal Trades in Alberta

Last edited by not2old; Apr 24th 2015 at 5:11 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
OP you titled the thread racist employers based on someone at an Alberta employment office saying that employers are racist when choosing employers.
Does racism exist in Canada yes it does much like it occurs in many other countries and against all races including white people.
Far too often in my job the race card is played and people use it as a weapon where in a lot of cases racism isn't being displayed.
Do some people get screened out of jobs because of their name or ethnic background then yes it will happen but proving it Is another matter. Yes there have been cases when the same person used a different name and got interviews/jobs but those cases are few.
What has been pointed out that at the moment until your OH gets accepted under the EE stream and is issued with documents for PR and will then legally be entitled to work in Canada then its highly unlikely he will be offered a job.
Since CIC cracked down on temporary foreign workers being allowed to work in Canada the vast majority of employers wont hire anyone who is not legally entitled to work in Canada and has the necessary documentation to do so.
That is not racism.

Old Apr 24th 2015, 5:34 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

oh stop ganging up on her you lot.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 5:36 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's as naive to say that there is no racism in Canada as it is to think that racism is prevalent.

Undoubtedly there will be some who won't interview based on names, ethnic origin etc and perhaps the OPs experience is affecting her outlook and her response to the replies on here. There is definitely an increase in fear of and dislike of Muslims, we've seen it on these boards. In my opinion it was a reasonable question to ask after what she has been told by the person in Alberta

I think those of you who commented on the OP's interacy should think again. There are many intelligent capable people who can't spell well.

To the OP, simmer down, there are good people on here who can and will help with good advice.

Let's all play nicely.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 5:37 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
oh stop ganging up on her you lot.
Exactlyj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.