Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quick help with flights needed

Wikiposts

Quick help with flights needed

Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold
Default Quick help with flights needed

I have just heard the sad news that my Aunt's partner has died while they are on holiday in Florida.
My aunt is in her 80's, can't drive etc and is alone trying to deal with hospitals, insurance, flights etc
So as I am the nearest I want to fly down tomorrow for a few days to help her out with all the logistics until she can fly back to the UK.
Any brights ideas on the cheapest/easiest flights from YUL-ORL?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:18 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick help with flights needed

Originally Posted by tallperson
I have just heard the sad news that my Aunt's partner has died while they are on holiday in Florida.
My aunt is in her 80's, can't drive etc and is alone trying to deal with hospitals, insurance, flights etc
So as I am the nearest I want to fly down tomorrow for a few days to help her out with all the logistics until she can fly back to the UK.
Any brights ideas on the cheapest/easiest flights from YUL-ORL?
Both AC and BA have bereavement fares but you'll need to call the airline rather than book online. I'm not certain that an Aunt's partner entitles you to it, but it's worth asking. (You'll need to know the name and address of the funeral director, I don't suppose they ever check, but they do ask for that information).

Good luck and I hope your Aunt can cope.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Both AC and BA have bereavement fares but you'll need to call the airline rather than book online. I'm not certain that an Aunt's partner entitles you to it, but it's worth asking. (You'll need to know the name and address of the funeral director, I don't suppose they ever check, but they do ask for that information).

Good luck and I hope your Aunt can cope.
Thanks Novo, I'll get on the phone to AC.
I have heard since the British Counsel are helping her so hopefully that is of help to her.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:06 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

There are some differences in what AC offer on international routes and domestic/NA routes (mainly because fares are less restricted on the latter so there is rarely a minimum purchase or stay requirement). I don't know the precise situation, however even a regular last minute fare may not be horribly expensive.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:37 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Hotwire.com comes up with $308 departing tommorrow and returning on Wednesday. Also try expedia.ca & ac/westjet's websites directly.

http://www.hotwire.com/air/results.j...nInputId=index