Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quick Bunac Questions

Quick Bunac Questions

Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Baker13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick Bunac Questions

Hi, sorry if this has been answered before but I've searched the forum's and obviously the Bunac website and 1 thing I am not sure of, I hope somebody will be able to help with!

If I apply for a place with Bunac now, which if accepted I could go out from Feb 09. Is the 12 month Visa valid purely from Feb 09 - Feb 10, or is it valid for 12 months from the date I go over? E.G, if I don't go over to Canada until December 09, is it only valid a couple of months or can I stay until December 10?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Antony, new member.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Quick Bunac Questions

Hi
its valid for 12 months from the time you activate it or land basically.thats as i understand it anyway.So you could come out in DEC 09 and not leave until Dec 10 if you chose to. My son is in UK and has just been accepted but not looking to come out until about summertime next year.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

stubby42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically what happens is the visa gets activated at the port of entry, in this case the airport. What happens is your pulled over into the imigration office (though you'll have to point out to security you have a bunac visa), they'll do a quick interview which is usually just small stuff like whats the purpose of your trip, where your staying and when are you leaving. The officer I spoke to gave me a few extra days to give me some lee way for leaving.

A bunac visa isnt valid until its activated by imigration at the airport.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Baker13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic, that's what I hoped. Thankyou for your responses!