Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Question for dbd33, Oakvillian and Novocastrian.

Wikiposts

Question for dbd33, Oakvillian and Novocastrian.

Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for dbd33, Oakvillian and Novocastrian.

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Well if you have the Norwalk virus then it wouldn't have been food poisoning would it? Dunno about Toronto but the 48hr vomiting/puking/fever bug has been doing the rounds out here in the Far East over the past month or two. The Mrs and I have both suffered.
A recommendation for when "baby AX" arrives. Get the Rotateq vaccine http://www.rotateq.com/ It's given orally in three doses. Must be all done before 8 months I think.

Our daughter managed to miss out on two stomach / pukey bugs that her dad and I both got, even after the first dose. Looking like a success story so far. Just wish they could have given it to us too

It wasn't covered by our Blue Cross in NS, but it was around $200 in total. Well worth it to avoid baby puke / squits.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:05 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaye.

Yuck!!
If you want yuck, you come see my downstairs bathroom. I didn't quite make it just now (no warning) and threw up everywhere. I guess I've got some cleaning to do before the missus gets home from her ski trip
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:07 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
If you want yuck, you come see my downstairs bathroom. I didn't quite make it just now (no warning) and threw up everywhere. I guess I've got some cleaning to do before the missus gets home from her ski trip
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, good luck with that!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:08 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Pictures? No not seriously.....

I had both ends going pretty much simultaneously. Not fun.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:09 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
A recommendation for when "baby AX" arrives. Get the Rotateq vaccine http://www.rotateq.com/ It's given orally in three doses. Must be all done before 8 months I think.

Our daughter managed to miss out on two stomach / pukey bugs that her dad and I both got, even after the first dose. Looking like a success story so far. Just wish they could have given it to us too

It wasn't covered by our Blue Cross in NS, but it was around $200 in total. Well worth it to avoid baby puke / squits.
Thanks for that. Having the squits with a very pregnant wife was disturbing enough. I'd give you karma but apparently I give you too much and have to spread it around a bit.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:18 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

That really is yuck
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:19 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww have some hot milk and toast xxx
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:23 am

That really is yuck
It was indeed disgusting and completely out of the blue. The spasms stopped about three this morning, so I though I was over the worst. Apparently not.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:12 am
Slightly Canadian

We'll see when the bearded one turns up. I'll agree that the conference hall sounds like a better bet.
<ponders a conference hall load of marketing types coming down with Norwalk symptoms. There must be a joke in there somewhere.>
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:59 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir;
We'll see when the bearded one turns up. I'll agree that the conference hall sounds like a better bet.
Ah! Hence the cryptic question on t'other thread. Sorry to be slow, but I had to w*rk this morning.

I can shed no light on the matter, my Shepherd's Pie completed its standard life cycle without further ado. As did the fluid component of the evening.

Sorry to hear of your problem.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:22 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Novocastrian;7352045]my Shepherd's Pie completed its standard life cycleQUOTE]

- I've never heard anyone put it like that before!

Souvenir I hope you're keeping yourself hydrated?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Leave it for her, she'll love it, makes her feel like she's needed after all.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:09 am
Future Albertan

Originally Posted by PaulandNikki
Leave it for her, she'll love it, makes her feel like she's needed after all.
OR....... she'll be so furious that she'll stick his head down the filthy toilet
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:43 am

OR....... she'll be so furious that she'll stick his head down the filthy toilet
That's the only bit that didn't need cleaning. I didn't get that far.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Ah! Hence the cryptic question on t'other thread. Sorry to be slow, but I had to w*rk this morning.

I can shed no light on the matter, my Shepherd's Pie completed its standard life cycle without further ado. As did the fluid component of the evening.

Sorry to hear of your problem.
Glad to hear that the three of you survived. I think I'll start taking hand sanitizer to conventions.