Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Question for dbd33, Oakvillian and Novocastrian.

Wikiposts

Question for dbd33, Oakvillian and Novocastrian.

Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:41 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for dbd33, Oakvillian and Novocastrian.

Odd question but how have you guys been feeling this week, stomach-wise?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:48 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for dbd33, Oakvillian and Novocastrian.

Bad pint?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:49 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

At least you didn't ask how they have been feeling, stomach and bottom wise....
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Odd question but how have you guys been feeling this week, stomach-wise?
No different than the previous week. (Racked by spasms, frequent upswelling of bile, searing pains from time to time despite, perhaps because of, consuming twice the maximum does of Rolaids). No squitters, if that's what you mean.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Bad pint?
No but I was out with them on Monday night and we ate. During Wednesday night I developed symptoms that are pretty much an exact match for the Norwalk Virus. I'm trying to pin down the cause.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
No different than the previous week. (Racked by spasms, frequent upswelling of bile, searing pains from time to time despite, perhaps because of, consuming twice the maximum does of Rolaids). No squitters, if that's what you mean.
I know that one of you had the same meal as me but I can't remember who.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:00 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that one of you had the same meal as me but I can't remember who.
Shepherd's pie? I think that was you and Novo.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:01 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

No but I was out with them on Monday night and we ate. During Wednesday night I developed symptoms that are pretty much an exact match for the Norwalk Virus. I'm trying to pin down the cause.
Well if you have the Norwalk virus then it wouldn't have been food poisoning would it? Dunno about Toronto but the 48hr vomiting/puking/fever bug has been doing the rounds out here in the Far East over the past month or two. The Mrs and I have both suffered.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:04 am

Well if you have the Norwalk virus then it wouldn't have been food poisoning would it? Dunno about Toronto but the 48hr vomiting/puking/fever bug has been doing the rounds out here in the Far East over the past month or two. The Mrs and I have both suffered.
I don't think it was food poisoning or it would have started earlier. There is a possibility that the person making our food was contaminated. I did also shake a lot of hands at that convention.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

I got food poisoning at Christmas Time from a restaurant in Cobourg, Ontario...we believe it came from the salad as those who ate salad got the sickness and those who skipped salad were fine. Some of the worst 24-48 hours in terms of sickness for myself, my wife and daughter. Our son got in lots of TV watching during that time as a result.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:52 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Shepherd's pie? I think that was you and Novo.
yeah, I had the guinness pie. No ill effects from the pie or the ale; my digestive system has been behaving perfectly normally all week.

I'd be much more inclined to blame some unhealthy scrote in a conference hall than a fine upstanding establishment like the Yard....
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
yeah, I had the guinness pie. No ill effects from the pie or the ale; my digestive system has been behaving perfectly normally all week.

I'd be much more inclined to blame some unhealthy scrote in a conference hall than a fine upstanding establishment like the Yard....
We'll see when the bearded one turns up. I'll agree that the conference hall sounds like a better bet.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

And here in this corner of Ontario. The most hellish week this family has experienced in a long time.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by stepnek
And here in this corner of Ontario. The most hellish week this family has experienced in a long time.
I can believe it. I'm actually rather glad that Souvette has been away since Wednseday (skiing). It allowed me to die in peace.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:05 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
At least you didn't ask how they have been feeling, stomach and bottom wise....

Yuck!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.