Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I believe that according to the National Statistics office, approximately 50% of people who emigrate return to the UK.
I'm amazed it's that high. Even so, based on the example 150,000.00 is still a huge revenue loss to coffers. That has to be replaced from somewhere, and bear in mind we're talking one financial year here!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:23 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
I'm amazed it's that high. Even so, based on the example 150,000.00 is still a huge revenue loss to coffers. That has to be replaced from somewhere, and bear in mind we're talking one financial year here!
You're assuming that all these people have jobs in the UK. Many may be moving under family class.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Please refer to the link provided above. There is a slight net gain to the UK through emmigration and immigration. Less people emigrate now than in the past.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
You're assuming that all these people have jobs in the UK. Many may be moving under family class.
Also failing to allow that most of the immigrants will become taxpayers.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'll have you know that I'm a tax payer. I'm paid up past the end of 2006, I am.
You should be ashamed db! "Welfare needs your money now!"
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

You should be ashamed db! "Welfare needs your money now!"
I pay tax in Canada. No one is on welfare here. We're all busy little bees toiling away to fund our many peacekeeping forces.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Allowance was made that not all 150k were workers as some would be Mums, children etc.. still a loss to Revenue, and we all know how they create a fuss if you are a fiver out on your Vat return! Let alone a loss of millions!

Anyone here who files a quarterly Vat return will know where I'm coming from here
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

I pay tax in Canada. No one is on welfare here. We're all busy little bees toiling away to fund our many peacekeeping forces.
I know you pay tax in Canada, but no one at all is on Welfare? No one at all?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I know you pay tax in Canada, but no one at all is on Welfare? No one at all?
Oh good grief no. No refugees, no asylum seekers, no indolent, disabled or unlucky people. No towns where the whole population is government funded and spends its days sniffing fire extinguishers. Completely different to the UK.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Please refer to the link provided above. There is a slight net gain to the UK through emmigration and immigration. Less people emigrate now than in the past.
Yes there is, but then I don't really believe what "Phil Woolas" says anyway!

The report is still very chaotic, and does go on to say that services are ready to burst, combined with people leaving.

Either way, people are leaving in large numbers because of the state of country, and it's still loss to our Government in terms good old "tax"

I for one, know lots of people from all walks of life who have left this country for broadly all the same reason. They all worked, and I'd say in terms of tax loss, you could be looking at nearly 200k in terms of tax paid, this would exclude purchase's and other forms of tax revenue.

This is just based on a handful of people I know - let alone volumes of people!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh good grief no. No refugees, no asylum seekers, no indolent, disabled or unlucky people. No towns where the whole population is government funded and spends its days sniffing fire extinguishers. Completely different to the UK.
Are you serious? Or are you pulling my plonker?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yep, well worth doing so definitely switch if you can. Get a Tesco's credit card too and the points stack up, we only saved our points for 6 months to get that holiday. We've got a week on a canal boat booked with them for this year!

You'll miss that here though.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:59 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you serious? Or are you pulling my plonker?
He's pulling your plonker!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

db? Just looked at your blogspot. Is that where you live? If it is, no wonder there's nothing you mention in post 129! It looks like bliss

Get that Woodfloor fitted!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

db? Just looked at your blogspot. Is that where you live? If it is, no wonder there's nothing you mention in post 129! It looks like bliss

Get that Woodfloor fitted!
That is where we live, whether or not it's bliss depends very much on your point of view; liking animals would be a help. If you go right back to the beginning (http://upperappalachia.blogspot.com/...log-entry.html) you can see that we approached the place with trepidation.

The floor's all done, even the baseboards. I believe there's some sort of furniture pending.

Last edited by dbd33; Jan 21st 2009 at 6:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.