Reload this Page >

Question about Pet Transport UK to Canada

Question about Pet Transport UK to Canada

Old Jan 4th 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

veereid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about Pet Transport UK to Canada

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
we bought the kennels on line and the pets slept in them for a couple of weeks before we left. Our dog is a border terrior so obviously smaller than a springer! why don't you phone Air Canada and ask them about size restrictions? we found them very helpful
Hth
G
Thanks for the info - will call Air Canada as suggested.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:23 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Oh best of luck OP. I travelled with a large English Springer several times as excess most successfully. Wonderful dogs! I've now got a Cairn and coming to Canada I used Goldenway, and he was fine too, and they boarded him for a week prior to his transportation.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

We used Ladyhaye from London to Calgary for our two Rotties. Excellent service and I would recommend them in a heartbeat. Our Rotties were with them for 2 days prior to flying IIRC. Our flight went to Glasgow first. The aeroplane developed an issue and we were stuck in Glasgow for a full 24 hours. Ladyhaye dealt with the dogs and they arrived in Calgary full of the joys.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shunter1977
Weirdly with all the above our dog was fine, 9 weeks after we arrived we put the dog in kennels here for one night while we went away to Edmonton for Steve's Xmas party and our Freya has had serious issues ever since.

She's got anxiety, chasing shadows when she's in the house to the point of banging her head into things to catch them. Can't distract her from it at all she's only comfortable when she's in our bedroom at night and it's pitch black.

So traveling/boarding with Airpets was fine but boarding 1 night in a kennel here has completely ruined her
That is so sad! what could have scared her so much?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
That is so sad! what could have scared her so much?
I have no idea, it's really worrying as we're going for a holiday/visit in the UK for 2 weeks at Easter and i'm afraid for her.

I need to go into the kennel as i've left her vaccination card there so i'm going to ask to see her kennel and ask about the neighboring dogs etc. I've not spoken to them yet as I don't want to come across like i'm blaming them for doing something wrong (other than forgetting half of the food i'd left for her )

I wondered at first if it was other dogs as when I take her to the dog park she seems slightly worse those days so i've stopped for a week or so now but she's not much better really.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shunter1977
I have no idea, it's really worrying as we're going for a holiday/visit in the UK for 2 weeks at Easter and i'm afraid for her.

I need to go into the kennel as i've left her vaccination card there so i'm going to ask to see her kennel and ask about the neighboring dogs etc. I've not spoken to them yet as I don't want to come across like i'm blaming them for doing something wrong (other than forgetting half of the food i'd left for her )

I wondered at first if it was other dogs as when I take her to the dog park she seems slightly worse those days so i've stopped for a week or so now but she's not much better really.
would a friend or neighbor look after her for you? its heart breaking to see a stressed out dog! I really feel for you.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Alienabroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a home boarding service available near you? This is where you pay someone to look after your dog in their own home. I used to run a home boarding service when I lived in Scotland. This would be a lot less stressful for your dog. You would also be able to relax and enjoy your break. Sounds like your dog has suffered some sort of trauma while in kennels
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

I don't know enough people here as yet to ask anyone to look after her but will look into a home boarding service.

You're both right though, I dread to think what has worried her so much. I may have to consider taking her to a behavioral expert which I suspect will be big bucks but she's not the same dog that flew to Canada with us
Old Jan 5th 2013, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

dollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the rough

. Hi Shunter have been trying to contact you however we do not seem to be having much luck with receipt of each others messages, so sorry to hear about your dog if we could get ours to meet beforehand I will have her for you if you get stuck, I would hate to think of her getting stressed further in kennells, infact to be honest my girl has become a little strange out here think it must be he climate lol

We need to get together and take the dogs out I do not go to dog parks as they are sometimes not always quite stressful for dogs and OWNERS......

Last edited by dollydee1; Jan 5th 2013 at 7:31 am.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dollydee1
. Hi Shunter have been trying to contact you however we do not seem to be having much luck with receipt of each others messages, so sorry to hear about your dog if we could get ours to meet beforehand I will have her for you if you get stuck, I would hate to think of her getting stressed further in kennells, infact to be honest my girl has become a little strange out here think it must be he climate lol

We need to get together and take the dogs out I do not go to dog parks as they are sometimes not always quite stressful for dogs and OWNERS......
Hey Dolly, thank you for that The kids go back to school next week, i'll give you a call and we can arrange a get together. Freya loves 3 mile bend as she loves to run with other dogs but just sometimes we've walked with other dogs that are a bit more aggressive with they're play and she's still quite young so I wondered if it was that. It'll be nice for her to get to know one dog
Old Jan 5th 2013, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

matty_c is an unknown quantity at this point

These seem well priced.
http://www.airtransat.co.uk/en/gamme...voyageur&id=20

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d..._crates/101439

I will be looking into these for my dog,
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:38 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

We used Airpets too - Heathrow to Calgary. Took our dog and cat to them the day before so they were only kenneled for one night. They were then put on the same flight as us the following day and we collected them the other end once we landed. They were certainly none the worse for wear after their adventure!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:59 am
Just Joined

veereid is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you - am collecting lots of quotes and recommendations - good to know the journey was not a problem for your dog. Did you have accommodation already worked out in Calgary and if so was it a problem to find a rental that would take pets?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:01 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veereid
Thank you - am collecting lots of quotes and recommendations - good to know the journey was not a problem for your dog. Did you have accommodation already worked out in Calgary and if so was it a problem to find a rental that would take pets?
We had managed to secure some temporary dog friendly accommodation before coming over to stay just whilst we found a house to buy. We stayed there for 7 weeks until we moved into our own home here in Cochrane.

There are rentals around that will take pets but your choices will be more limited than if you didn't have a pet unfortunately.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:35 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by veereid
I have just secured a rental that will take my small dog in Calgary. They are to come by but try rentfaster.ca.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.