Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine Exemption Hotel

Quarantine Exemption Hotel

Old Jun 24th 2021, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default Quarantine Exemption Hotel

3 weeks ago I booked a quarantine hotel for my wife and kids on 10th July

Now the law has changed and they are exempt from the quarantine as my wife got 2 Astra Zenica vaccine shots

Can I get an exemption letter? can I cancel the hotel reservation ?

Old Jun 24th 2021, 9:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine Exemption Hotel

To get the exemption your wife has to do the following - https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada

Once she's got the exemption you should be able to cancel the hotel.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

she had the 2nd shot 3 days ago.

can she get an exemption letter?
Old Jun 24th 2021, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

To be considered fully vaccinated, you must have received the full series of a vaccine – or a combination of vaccines– accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, my wife got 2 shots of Astra Zenica 3 days ago
she is traveling to canada on the 10, which make it 20 days when she got the shot.

They said : final determination is at the borders. which means the day of the travel when she arrives.
can we still cancel the hotel reservation?

Last edited by KenA; Jun 24th 2021 at 1:29 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 1:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenA

Please read the info in the link above, it tells you how to get the exemption there.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

They said : final determination is at the borders. which means the day of the travel when she arrives.
can we still cancel the hotel reservation?
Old Jun 24th 2021, 5:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenA

Does she meet the requirements to travel to Canada at this time? Suggest she uses this wizard before she cancels any booking.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...s/wizard-start

Old Jun 24th 2021, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes she does
we are uniting, and she can return and can be exempt from quarantine.

How can we get a paper or report that she is exempt?

is there a government number we can call?
Old Jun 24th 2021, 6:16 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I think she would need to use the ArriveCan app (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...arrivecan.html) to show information, and that would allow the addition of information about both vaccination shots.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 7:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by sharkus
I think she would need to use the ArriveCan app (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...arrivecan.html) to show information, and that would allow the addition of information about both vaccination shots.
Yep, that's exactly it. It's all in the link above for the OP…………...
Old Jun 26th 2021, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
To be considered fully vaccinated, you must have received the full series of a vaccine – or a combination of vaccines– accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada.
Just to be on the safe side, and even though it says 14 days, I'll be doing my travel planning with 21 days after the last vaccine, - just in case they change their minds again. I think some countries have a 21 day requirement after the last vaccine.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

OK, here is what happened

My wife and kids did the covid test today (6 July 2021)
Results will be out in 48 hours (8th July 2021) morning

Flight is on 8th July 2021 noon

When can she do the exemption?!

Old Jul 6th 2021, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

I wrote to the hotel and showed them my wife's vaccine record and simply canceled it.

thanks all
Old Jul 6th 2021, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep us posted how everything goes for your wife's travels Ken.