Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
A lakeside cabin sounds fun - just watch out for coyote and bears if you have pets
Never mind the pets, what about me?
Back in 1975, somewhere in Nova Scotia I overnighted in a cabin on the edge of a lake. The 'outhouse' was 30 or 40 yards away through some trees. That was scary at night.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Never mind the pets, what about me?
Back in 1975, somewhere in Nova Scotia I overnighted in a cabin on the edge of a lake. The 'outhouse' was 30 or 40 yards away through some trees. That was scary at night.
I'd be making friends with a bucket in that situation.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'd be making friends with a bucket in that situation.
Where would you keep and use said bucket?
It was a small cabin. One room, three of us bedded down on the floor.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Where would you keep and use said bucket?
It was a small cabin. One room, three of us bedded down on the floor.
Mate, use your initiative! Put the bucket by the front door and use it there, get a bucket with a lid, tie a knot in it, hang it out the window etc etc. When you're in the bush/wilderness you have to adapt

Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Mate, use your initiative! Put the bucket by the front door and use it there, get a bucket with a lid, tie a knot in it, hang it out the window etc etc. When you're in the bush/wilderness you have to adapt
I thought I was adapting by using the outhouse
Never used one before or since.
It was like this but without the seat.

Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:41 pm
Concierge

I thought I was adapting by using the outhouse
Never used one before or since.
It was like this but without the seat.

Ya softie, that's a palace compared to some of the places I've 'been'

In your situation, given the wildlife, I'd have definitely gone with a bucket with a lid by the front door. And hope to hell that someone else draws the short straw to clean it out the next day.

Old Aug 18th 2020, 2:15 pm
Oscar nominated

Ya softie, that's a palace compared to some of the places I've 'been'

In your situation, given the wildlife, I'd have definitely gone with a bucket with a lid by the front door. And hope to hell that someone else draws the short straw to clean it out the next day.
Time for an old favourite

Old Aug 18th 2020, 2:19 pm
Concierge

Haven't seen that before so thanks, scouse and I loved it

Edited to say he wouldn't even use Carling to wash his socks

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Aug 18th 2020 at 2:24 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 2:33 pm
Oscar nominated

So if it's a lakeside cabin for quarantine make sure you have indoor facilities.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

12 days until the current restrictions expire, fingers crossed (but not super hopeful) mandatory quarantine will be replaced with air bridges and/or red/green lists of countries and/or shortened/no quarantine with mandatory testing before/after arrival in Canada.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
12 days until the current restrictions expire, fingers crossed (but not super hopeful) mandatory quarantine will be replaced with air bridges and/or red/green lists of countries and/or shortened/no quarantine with mandatory testing before/after arrival in Canada.
The borders stay closed until 21-SEPTEMBER-2020 I'm afraid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...r-21-1.5686475
Old Aug 18th 2020, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by i_Seeker
The borders stay closed until 21-SEPTEMBER-2020 I'm afraid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...r-21-1.5686475
That's US/Canada border - International air travel restrictions for Canada run until 31st of this month.

I fully expect them to be extended another month as opening up to the rest of the world before the US would be a political no no IMO.

Old Aug 18th 2020, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
That's US/Canada border - International air travel restrictions for Canada run until 31st of this month.

I fully expect them to be extended another month as opening up to the rest of the world before the US would be a political no no IMO.
Yes you are quite right.

When i said it would be closed, I implied that if the borders here remain closed for the US, they will remain closed for the whole world.

Trump would NOT be happy if we opened the borders up to the world before we opened up our borders to him!
Old Aug 18th 2020, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by i_Seeker
Yes you are quite right.

When i said it would be closed, I implied that if the borders here remain closed for the US, they will remain closed for the whole world.

Trump would NOT be happy if we opened the borders up to the world before we opened up our borders to him!
With the whole Canadian flight plan announcement the other day the only thing that *might* happen come the 31st is a change in rules for non discretionary travel to make life easier for non holidayers.

Old Aug 19th 2020, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
With the whole Canadian flight plan announcement the other day the only thing that *might* happen come the 31st is a change in rules for non discretionary travel to make life easier for non holidayers.
Which doesn't help me as i'm a Canadian citizen so can already enter/leave as I please so long as I follow the 14 days.

I saw the flight plan thing but it seemed very vague and not a lot of concrete info was given..typical for this government and public health administration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.