Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Aug 4th 2020, 12:43 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

out of interest, what is the UK doing for people travelling abroad?
Old Aug 4th 2020, 12:49 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
out of interest, what is the UK doing for people travelling abroad?
It's country dependent. There are quarantine regulations in place for arrivals from the US, Canada, Spain and most non-EU countries. If you're coming from France, Germany, Ireland, Australia or a few other places then you just need to be able to prove you haven't been to a country not on the whitelist in the last 14 days and you are quarantine exempt.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 12:57 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
It's country dependent. There are quarantine regulations in place for arrivals from the US, Canada, Spain and most non-EU countries. If you're coming from France, Germany, Ireland, Australia or a few other places then you just need to be able to prove you haven't been to a country not on the whitelist in the last 14 days and you are quarantine exempt.
That sounds complicated and risky given how dynamic this all is, what happens if a country gets an outbreak that wasnt on the whitelist?
Old Aug 4th 2020, 12:58 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds complicated and risky given how dynamic this all is, what happens if a country gets an outbreak that wasnt on the whitelist?
They monitor it and change it immediately. That's what they did for Spain. Re-introduced quarantine requirements with just a few hours notice.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:06 pm
Happy

They monitor it and change it immediately. That's what they did for Spain. Re-introduced quarantine requirements with just a few hours notice.
OK, so what happens if you came back from Spain 3 days ago and have been out and about in the community living your best life and now its changed?
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:15 pm
Sidecar Falcon

OK, so what happens if you came back from Spain 3 days ago and have been out and about in the community living your best life and now its changed?
It's unlikely to be an issue. Tbh that's a gauntlet you run whenever anybody is allowed to cross a border. New illnesses emerge ever single day especially in parts of Asia and Africa.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:19 pm
Happy

It's unlikely to be an issue. Tbh that's a gauntlet you run whenever anybody is allowed to cross a border. New illnesses emerge ever single day especially in parts of Asia and Africa.
But if we are sticking to Covid as the subject matter, and not in Asia because well, we arent there, then isnt that a risk? Am I correct in assuming you have a comfort level with it?
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It's country dependent.
Discriminatory. This country is dirty, this other one isn't, but may be tomorrow.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:22 pm
Sidecar Falcon

But if we are sticking to Covid as the subject matter, and not in Asia because well, we arent there, then isnt that a risk? Am I correct in assuming you have a comfort level with it?
Yes. It's always a risk. The alternative is cutting yourself off from the rest of the world forever.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:25 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Discriminatory. This country is dirty, this other one isn't, but may be tomorrow.
And that is the problem right with turning covid into a normal situation which it isnt. DG is saying its zeonphobic and discriminatory to take a blanket approach but its a "gauntlet you run" type of risk to switch countries around when they have outbreaks and add them to lists.
The thing is that no one is in control of this. Its in control. I think the safest approach is the best one, minimal risk at all times and take care of all people.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:25 pm
Happy

Yes. It's always a risk. The alternative is cutting yourself off from the rest of the world forever.
I think you should consider staying where you are, at least for now. I dont think Canada will be your happy place.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway it looks like no side is going to change the other one's mind so I'm happy to leave it.
What, again?
Old Aug 4th 2020, 3:03 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I dont think Canada will be your happy place.
What makes you say that? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 4:09 pm
Happy

What makes you say that? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested.
Because from what I am reading, I believe you will be genuinely frustrated by the decisions the Canadian government makes. Thats tough on any day, it will be tougher now.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 4:12 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Because from what I am reading, I believe you will be genuinely frustrated by the decisions the Canadian government makes. Thats tough on any day, it will be tougher now.
Thank you. Tbh though I'm not altogether crazy about the decisions of the UK government either. Today there were just over 600 positive cases recorded in the UK, equating to a positive testing result of 0.64%. I can certainly understand maintaining caution but it's starting to feel like a lot of fuss over very little to me. My chances of being hit by a car every time I leave my home are probably greater than that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.