Qualification equivalence

Wikiposts

Qualification equivalence

Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:21 am
Just Joined

homerwelsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualification equivalence

Hi all,

I am a newcomer to the site so hi everyone.

I am a mechanical engineer and have a BEng Hons degree from a UK uni. I am hoping to apply for jobs this coming autumn but I want to make sure that Canadian employers are satisfied with my qualifications.

I have seen websites which run a "general report" for evaluation of qualifications.

Has anyone ever used these?

Are they a requirement for non-Canadian job applicants?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:09 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Qualification equivalence

You should approach the Professional Engineering organisation of the province you plan to settle in and they will undertake foreign qualitification assessment (at a cost). This is also the first stage to obtaining Professional Engineer status here, which is needed should you want to work on any Canadian projects involving the general public.

There are other services such as International Crediential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) but I think it would be better from a PEng organisation.