Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

PS3 wont play my UK dvds using hdmi - help

PS3 wont play my UK dvds using hdmi - help

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:55 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PS3 wont play my UK dvds using hdmi - help

Originally Posted by Bailies
Ok I need more help again
we have now moved into our own house and tried to set the playstation up on a new tv using HDMI. At first only some of the games would play and no dvds, I tried to repeat the steps above on this tv but the playstation menu will not come up and if the game quites I am only getting an invalid format message on the screen.

I have now rebooted the playstation and now none of the games work and I still cannot get the menu up on screen.

Please help
Susan
Hold down the power button when you boot the console up and it will perform a reset of the user configuration including the screen settings. Your saved games etc will still be available though.

Just keep holding the button down until you see a picture on the screen, the console will beep a few times whilst it's doing this.

PAL PS3's never used to be able to play NTSC discs (video encoding not region coding) and vice versa but that was fixed in a later update and should work now as long as the TV supports it.