British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Provincial nominee question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/provincial-nominee-question-349202/)

australia to canada Jan 18th 2006 7:47 pm

Provincial nominee question

To speed things up we are looking at the PNP programme and have sent off for loads of further info.

One source came back saying you cant go via PNP if you qualify for Federal immigration :confused:

Any idea if this is correct!

Butch Cassidy Jan 18th 2006 7:49 pm

Re: Provincial nominee question

Originally Posted by australia to canada
To speed things up we are looking at the PNP programme and have sent off for loads of further info.

One source came back saying you cant go via PNP if you qualify for Federal immigration :confused:

Any idea if this is correct!

As far as I'm aware the answer to that question is one word......

BOLLOCKS

;)

Butch

edit: the above answer was posted without the knowledge that the op was looking at business\investor PNP route (hehe)

australia to canada Jan 18th 2006 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
As far as I'm aware the answer to that question is one word......

BOLLOCKS

;)

Butch

:D

Thanks a bit more info.

its the NS programme, and it says, if you qualify as a Federal investor, such as business or entrepenuer, you cant compete with their programme, so it reads as if you have the funds $400,000 :scared: to invest in the federal programme you are supposed to do that instead. Hardly a choice many would want to make given such a sizable sum locked away for 5 years with no interest!

Butch Cassidy Jan 18th 2006 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by australia to canada
:D

Thanks a bit more info.

its the NS programme, and it says, if you qualify as a Federal investor, such as business or entrepenuer, you cant compete with their programme, so it reads as if you have the funds $400,000 :scared: to invest in the federal programme you are supposed to do that instead. Hardly a choice many would want to make given such a sizable sum locked away for 5 years with no interest!

MMMMMM
I think maybe you could do with asking that question in the immigration board!!!
But that doesnt make sense to me at all!

BH PNP Jan 18th 2006 8:55 pm

The PNP's are designed NOT to conflict with Federal programs.

For example, the NS business category requires a net worth LESS than $800,000. Any disposable capital over that automatically qualifies the Federal Investor program, thus rendering the PNP ineligible.

Many have failed purely because they have too much money (and declare it).