Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Property renting agents Nova Scotia

Property renting agents Nova Scotia

Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:03 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Property renting agents Nova Scotia

[QUOTE=moosey2canada;7450912]
Originally Posted by budcolin
The view from the laundry room is amazing and if you walk to the bottom of the road you get to where the cruise ships dock each day and theres a lovely walk along the front of the marina to the other end of town, we saw an otter along there and theres the worlds best icecream shop called sugar they mix cake etc into a flavour of your choice a nice treat after a stressful day! Be happy!
That's good to hear.It''ll be July as well so hopefully very sunny for that ice cream.

Where are you settled now?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:07 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property renting agents Nova Scotia

[QUOTE=budcolin;7450991]
Originally Posted by moosey2canada

That's good to hear.It''ll be July as well so hopefully very sunny for that ice cream.

Where are you settled now?
Not too much of that scrummy ice cream - you won't fit into your shorts for very long!

I belive Moosey is back in the UK now - the ice cream shop was the only thing they liked abotu NS!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of

Yeah we are back in the UK, NS wasn't for us at all but it in hindsight (which we all agree is wonderful & wise) I don't think living away from all our family was for us, but i see the attraction for others. we've been unbelievably lucky upon our return and haven't got much to moan about, even the weather is playing fair. I enjoyed many things about our time in NS, especially our proximity to the sea, but we felt that the sacrifices we had made and would have to continue making in order to build a life there were contrary to what we want out of life. We haven't any children and our choices and lives are are own, and we've no one to answer to but ourselves so there was never any of the 'oh we're doing for the children', so we went and then we came back, as with everything there are things we liked and things that annoyed the hell out of us, but now we're back there are things we like and things that annoy the hell out of us (not the same things that annoyed so much before we went interestingly), but things have worked out in the most intriguing way, and our lives are different but not in anyway we expected, so i would say that NS did us a favour by not being somewhere we could settle, but we are happy, and appreciative of the life we have.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:15 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moosey2canada
Yeah we are back in the UK, NS wasn't for us at all but it in hindsight (which we all agree is wonderful & wise) I don't think living away from all our family was for us, but i see the attraction for others. we've been unbelievably lucky upon our return and haven't got much to moan about, even the weather is playing fair. I enjoyed many things about our time in NS, especially our proximity to the sea, but we felt that the sacrifices we had made and would have to continue making in order to build a life there were contrary to what we want out of life. We haven't any children and our choices and lives are are own, and we've no one to answer to but ourselves so there was never any of the 'oh we're doing for the children', so we went and then we came back, as with everything there are things we liked and things that annoyed the hell out of us, but now we're back there are things we like and things that annoy the hell out of us (not the same things that annoyed so much before we went interestingly), but things have worked out in the most intriguing way, and our lives are different but not in anyway we expected, so i would say that NS did us a favour by not being somewhere we could settle, but we are happy, and appreciative of the life we have.
I read some of your thread about moving back to the UK.At least in years to come you can say you actually tried it and have no regrets.
Glad to hear things are working out well for you

All the best
Colin
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of

I read some of your thread about moving back to the UK.At least in years to come you can say you actually tried it and have no regrets.
Glad to hear things are working out well for you

All the best
Colin
Good luck 2 u mate I hope you enjoy NS it is quite lovely and utterly unique!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 7:50 pm
Wellington NS

[QUOTE=AmyDavid;7450999]

Not too much of that scrummy ice cream - you won't fit into your shorts for very long!

I belive Moosey is back in the UK now - the ice cream shop was the only thing they liked abotu NS!
Mmmmm...ice cream?
I meant to ask the other day how you managed to get a 6 mth rental?Everyone I've spoke to says it's quite difficult as most owners want the year rental.I suppose it's to do with the property lying empty over the winter!
Oh, should have said, I sent you a PM yesterday
Old Apr 5th 2009, 10:47 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=budcolin;7453898]
Originally Posted by AmyDavid

Mmmmm...ice cream?
I meant to ask the other day how you managed to get a 6 mth rental?Everyone I've spoke to says it's quite difficult as most owners want the year rental.I suppose it's to do with the property lying empty over the winter!
Oh, should have said, I sent you a PM yesterday
I've just seen the PM - will respond once my kettle has boiled!

We took it on for a year, but were allowed to break the lease early.

Most places will advertise for a year, but on discussion with the landlord/managing agents you can usually negotiate it to six months.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:34 pm
Wellington NS

[QUOTE=AmyDavid;7454177]

I've just seen the PM - will respond once my kettle has boiled!

We took it on for a year, but were allowed to break the lease early.

Most places will advertise for a year, but on discussion with the landlord/managing agents you can usually negotiate it to six months.
We'll probably try for the 6months.You can only ask.

Cheers