Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

proof of funds for arranged employment

proof of funds for arranged employment

Old Sep 7th 2002, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proof of funds for arranged employment

something that's been confusing me, under the new points grid, if an applicant is getting points under the arranged employment factor, then the settlement funds requirement is waived...

what about people who applied before december 01, and who are being evaluated under the old point system? the requirement was not waived under the old system, so would the new regs apply at their time of landing?

say for instance, a person who has been in canada in the same full time job for a number of years, but applied before dec 01, and is evaluated under the old grid, is granted pr and lands after june 28th 02 (or after march 31st 03)...

- at the time of landing, is the settlement funds requirement waived?

- or does the person still have to provide proof of funds? the regs say the requirement is waived if the applicant obtained points in the arranged employment factor, but since the applicant was evaluated under the old regs, s/he would not have obtained those points on his/her assessment...

- and what form can that proof be? i would not think pay stubs and a statement indicating pay would count unless the minimum required is on deposit...
Old Sep 8th 2002, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: proof of funds for arranged employment

any idea? anyone?

Originally posted by bighead:
something that's been confusing me, under the new points grid, if an applicant is getting points under the arranged employment factor, then the settlement funds requirement is waived...

what about people who applied before december 01, and who are being evaluated under the old point system? the requirement was not waived under the old system, so would the new regs apply at their time of landing?

say for instance, a person who has been in canada in the same full time job for a number of years, but applied before dec 01, and is evaluated under the old grid, is granted pr and lands after june 28th 02 (or after march 31st 03)...

- at the time of landing, is the settlement funds requirement waived?

- or does the person still have to provide proof of funds? the regs say the requirement is waived if the applicant obtained points in the arranged employment factor, but since the applicant was evaluated under the old regs, s/he would not have obtained those points on his/her assessment...

- and what form can that proof be? i would not think pay stubs and a statement indicating pay would count unless the minimum required is on deposit...
Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: proof of funds for arranged employment

err... anybody??? any inputs? andrew, jim and jim???

Originally posted by bighead:
any idea? anyone?