Proof of funds

Wikiposts

Proof of funds

Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

susan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Proof of funds

Hi,
Can anyone help please? We are landing in Toronto in August to activate our PR visas but will have to return to the uk till our house is sold. As our assests are tied up in the house, what has anyone done to provide their proof of funds? We have been told that we might no be asked for this, but would like to be prepared just in case.
Many thanks Susan.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:57 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of funds

Originally Posted by susan
Hi,
Can anyone help please? We are landing in Toronto in August to activate our PR visas but will have to return to the uk till our house is sold. As our assests are tied up in the house, what has anyone done to provide their proof of funds? We have been told that we might no be asked for this, but would like to be prepared just in case.
Many thanks Susan.
Hi,
We were in a similar situation in that we had a house to sell in the UK. We took over mortgage statements just in case, but were not asked.
Good luck.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

susan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bleech
Hi,
We were in a similar situation in that we had a house to sell in the UK. We took over mortgage statements just in case, but were not asked.
Good luck.
Thanks, we'll do that.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 11:31 pm
Livin' it large in BC.

Chops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bleech
Hi,
Good luck.
It may be useful to get a valuation done as well of course.

You could try http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/ to get a valuation based on recent sales in you street/area.

i.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 12:10 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

When I landed in TO in August 2000 the official asked me how much money I had. I told her a number and she wrote it down on my record of landing. End of story.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 8:18 am
Banned

eliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud ofeliz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by susan
Hi,
Many thanks Susan.
If you have already be granted entry or PR status you will not have to prove anything (hard work already done). The only thing customs will want to know on entry is how much money you have in your pockets. Dont declare any more that $10000CAD or they will be suspicious.
Dont talk/tell too much to the customs or they will send you too another customs office where they will search all your bags,(seriously). They are so straight as ironing boards and dont listen or understnd the banter we do in the UK, they will just pass you on to someone else and waste your time.
We too entered and returned too Uk to sell house if you are going to Vancouver you will spend a few hours waiting to be seen before you even leave the airport. You must also provide an address for your PR cards to be sent to, and it has to be somewhere in canada. Or they will not process it.(some PO box stations may be able to help(but it cant be a po box) need actual address.
If you plan to ship goods you must make a dummy list and get it stamped for when you ship your goods. I know its a pain, we just impovised and was sketchy(2 boxes of toys, 2boxes of kitchen china blaablaaa. This is done to ensure duty free arrival of your stuff

Good Luck
Old Jul 14th 2006, 2:51 am
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all

[intresting stuff you mentioned about vancouver ,, is it really that long ( a few hours)
we land in late august.

as for our proof of funds we have got a offical value of our house .. is that ok..
and our saving i guess about 35k , we wont get taxed on this will we,, :scared:

thansk for your time..
Old Jul 14th 2006, 3:41 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov lad
[intresting stuff you mentioned about vancouver ,, is it really that long ( a few hours)
we land in late august.

as for our proof of funds we have got a offical value of our house .. is that ok..
and our saving i guess about 35k , we wont get taxed on this will we,, :scared:

thansk for your time..
No taxes due. (yet....mmwahaha )
Old Jul 14th 2006, 6:03 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Souvenir
When I landed in TO in August 2000 the official asked me how much money I had. I told her a number and she wrote it down on my record of landing. End of story.
Same here landed Toronto May 2006.

Bring some paperwork but I woudln't trouble yourself with the expense if you had to pay for a specific document to be prepared. Bring your mortgage statement etc as someone else suggested.

Last edited by Buchan6; Jul 14th 2006 at 6:04 am. Reason: added to it
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:25 am
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all

thanks for the heads up buchan .
i am going to take our house valuation, and bank staement. and our lenthy lists of goods,,
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:37 am

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Souvenir
We landed in Toronto last week and we were just asked a total figure of assets. No proof requested.

Jane