Proof of citizenship rejected

Wikiposts

Proof of citizenship rejected

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Monty247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of citizenship rejected

Hi all,

First time I've wrote on here so be gentle.

So after 15 months I have my proof of citizenship rejected, turns out I'm classed as second generation Canadian born outside of Canada (UK)

The question is do I get penalised, or a mark against me because of the rejection? I would like to move to Canada using one of the other programmes available ie skilled or trade working visa

Many thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of citizenship rejected

No black mark you would have to qualify on merit like any other applicant.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick reply.

I ask as when my application was rejected my wife contacted City Visas to get advice for alternative options. They informed us that as we had had this rejection, it would leave a mark against my name and we would need lots of legal representation! I thought this was maybe a sales pitch so that we felt obliged to use them for fear of being rejected again.

Last edited by Monty247; Apr 22nd 2013 at 8:20 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:21 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monty247
They informed us that as we had had this rejection, it would leave a mark against my name and we would need lots of legal representation!
Sound like a sales pitch. All applications are handled the same, whether they come through an agent or direct from the application.

If you can read directions and fill in forms, you should be able to DIY.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies guys.

I actually have a job offer in Montreal but the company are struggling with the LMO. Hence why I'm in a rush to find another way as they won't hold the job forever. Been thinking about my wife doing some study so hopefully I could get an open work permit to accept the job. Any thoughts?