Reload this Page >

prince2 or pmi project management cert

prince2 or pmi project management cert

Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:21 am
Just Joined

kcabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile prince2 or pmi project management cert

Hello

Would anyone know if prince2 certification for project management is well known in Canada rather than the pmi (us version).

I want to take this exam i am based in the UK but doing an immigration procedure to move to Canada

Thanks

Xav
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:12 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of
Default Re: prince2 or pmi project management cert

Originally Posted by kcabe
Hello

Would anyone know if prince2 certification for project management is well known in Canada rather than the pmi (us version).

I want to take this exam i am based in the UK but doing an immigration procedure to move to Canada

Thanks

Xav
From what I know PMI is the standard in NA. You can always try to argue that Prince2 is similar (who knows the difference?). Also, (pmi) certification is highly considered (almost a must) from what I understand.

C2006
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

I'm an IT recruiter and PRINCE2 just doesn't appear on resumes here. PMI/PMP certification appears to be the way to go...
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Hello

Thanks

Xav

Hi Xav

PRINCE2 has not been embraced in Canada and the US in the same way that it has in UK, Europe and Australasia because of PMBOK and PMI. This link will show where the main interest occurs:

http://clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.p...prince2.org.uk

It would appear that the methodology is becoming more recognised in US which would generally indicate that Canada will soon follow suit (duck and cover head).

I do know that ITIL (which is the service management best practice methodology devised by the British OGC, who incidentally devised PRINCE2) is recognised in Canada though and I do suspect that eventually PRINCE2 will be also for a number of reasons which I won't go into.

Here is a link which will provide more info on PRINCE2:

http://www.prince2.org.uk/web/site/home/Home.asp

HTH

Sorry: This is swoopdutch posting from other halfs account.....ooops
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by allie2
I'm an IT recruiter and PRINCE2 just doesn't appear on resumes here. PMI/PMP certification appears to be the way to go...

Got any jobs for PRINCE2 and ITIL trained Technical bod in Calgary

Swoopdutch - Again
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi All

thanks for all the info.

Ideally I would need to take the two lol, but very expensive.

Xav

Originally Posted by Little D
Hi Xav

PRINCE2 has not been embraced in Canada and the US in the same way that it has in UK, Europe and Australasia because of PMBOK and PMI. This link will show where the main interest occurs:

It would appear that the methodology is becoming more recognised in US which would generally indicate that Canada will soon follow suit (duck and cover head).

I do know that ITIL (which is the service management best practice methodology devised by the British OGC, who incidentally devised PRINCE2) is recognised in Canada though and I do suspect that eventually PRINCE2 will be also for a number of reasons which I won't go into.

HTH

Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Got any jobs for PRINCE2 and ITIL trained Technical bod in Calgary

Swoopdutch - Again
Not personally as I live in Vancouver but you could try contacting the Calgary office of Robert Half Technology through www.rht.com
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:24 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Xav

HTH

And there I was, thinking I could speak English. Or is it some other language?
Old Dec 13th 2006, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

I am a Prince2 Practitioner, and th ejob applied for here in BC (and subsequently got) stated that PMP was required - they were happy to take Prince2 instead, so it is recognised.

If you take Prince2 you will then, (because you will have 35hours of project management training) be entitled to simply take the PMP exam - which is 200 multiple choice questions (no nasty essay questions like Prince2 has!) - I'm about to do that conversion, so will hopefully have Prince2 and PMP so keep everyone happy!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

thanks that is great news i will go on prince 2 and convert later

Originally Posted by The Escapea
I am a Prince2 Practitioner, and th ejob applied for here in BC (and subsequently got) stated that PMP was required - they were happy to take Prince2 instead, so it is recognised.

If you take Prince2 you will then, (because you will have 35hours of project management training) be entitled to simply take the PMP exam - which is 200 multiple choice questions (no nasty essay questions like Prince2 has!) - I'm about to do that conversion, so will hopefully have Prince2 and PMP so keep everyone happy!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

It is $400 for a paper-based test for a non-member of the PMI, or $555 for a computer based test (which is kind of odd I think - thought it would be the other way around!).

You can find details of the exam here and details of where to take it here . Good luck!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

thanks

you mention because you will have 35hours of project management training to be able to take the pmi exam is that correct? those 35hrs need to be reconized, is using a training company in the UK will be enough to be reconized? did you need more training to pass pmi in canada?

Xav

It is $400 for a paper-based test for a non-member of the PMI, or $555 for a computer based test (which is kind of odd I think - thought it would be the other way around!).

You can find details of the exam here and details of where to take it here . Good luck!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

thanks

you mention because you will have 35hours of project management training to be able to take the pmi exam is that correct? those 35hrs need to be reconized, is using a training company in the UK will be enough to be reconized? did you need more training to pass pmi in canada?

Xav
If you go to the PMI site (the first link I gave) then that details everything you need to do.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:01 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to the PMI site (the first link I gave) then that details everything you need to do.
Prince2, PMI?? The Actor who used to have Post Menstrual Insecurity?