Prince 2

Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:45 pm
ck1
Forum Regular

ck1 has a spectacular aura aboutck1 has a spectacular aura aboutck1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Prince 2

Originally Posted by Cyan
You might be surprised to hear this but Prince2 is definitely gaining traction here amongst practitioners who see it as a chance to mitigate risk on larger projects.

I recently attended the Project World and BA World conference here in Toronto and there were a number of sessions devoted to Prince2. There is also a Canadian LinkedIn Prince2 group you can join. York University (Schulich School of Management) offers certification courses in Prince.

I personally find Prince2 a much more disciplined approach than PMBOK. One of the things that has put me off the PMP certification is that I see too many incompetent 'managers' who are PMP accredited, which leads me to conclude that the PMP is little more than a cash grab.
I have heard that too about Prince2 gaining traction too.

And I agree with your observation about PMI/PMP certified PMP's - l worked with a few certified PMP's and each one of them didn't have a clue - just went through the motions.