Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pregnant and moving to New Brunswick

Pregnant and moving to New Brunswick

Old Mar 14th 2017, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant and moving to New Brunswick

Originally Posted by Paw Patrol
My apologies it's for COPR and I sent it to the London visa office. Thanks
Ah, ok. It's usually about 2 months so should be anytime, but if they requested your actual passport that may make a difference - UK citizens don't usually need to send their passports in, so perhaps yours is being done under a different process?
Old Mar 15th 2017, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lamprey42
You can apply for Medicare as soon as you arrive in New Brunswick (no waiting period) but it takes time to come through. I think we got ours in about six weeks. You'd have to arrange insurance prior to getting it so I guess the question would be if they would cover the pregnancy as a pre existing condition.
Did they change that then?
When we came over (admittedly it was 10 years ago) you could apply immediately but you weren't covered for the first three months.
I hope they have as it was a bit silly. Why should there be a waiting period?
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Paw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond repute

Phweeee finally the wait is over. I have now received my COPR. Thank you all for your guidance.

Just a quick question at the back of that- during landing will they ask for the address to send paper work to-as I intend staying at airbnb while we sort out accommodation. How do I address that when asked? Not sure I can give the Airbnb address as it's only temporary. (Hope am not over processing information)
Also what are the things to consider or must haves when landing to make it a smooth journey.

Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Phweeee finally the wait is over. I have now received my COPR. Thank you all for your guidance.

Just a quick question at the back of that- during landing will they ask for the address to send paper work to-as I intend staying at airbnb while we sort out accommodation. How do I address that when asked? Not sure I can give the Airbnb address as it's only temporary. (Hope am not over processing information)
Also what are the things to consider or must haves when landing to make it a smooth journey.

Thanks
It will depend where you do the landing i.e. Toronto, Halifax etc. You will have 180 days to supply a Canadian address for the PR cards to be sent to. On landing ask for the form for this if not comfortable giving the airbnb address. If not staying in the city where you do the landing then wait till you get to your destination city to apply for SIN numbers and healthcare's etc.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?ap...296.1483282173
Old Apr 11th 2017, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Paw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond reputePaw Patrol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
It will depend where you do the landing i.e. Toronto, Halifax etc. You will have 180 days to supply a Canadian address for the PR cards to be sent to. On landing ask for the form for this if not comfortable giving the airbnb address. If not staying in the city where you do the landing then wait till you get to your destination city to apply for SIN numbers and healthcare's etc.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?ap...296.1483282173
Thank you- also I do have family members in Canada but not in New Brunswick that I can give their address-however I don't know how that will be viewed as I am a coming through as a provincial nominee. I don't know if that will cause an issue for me if I use their address. Our Flight ticket have all been booked and heading to Moncton as final destination. Where I intend to settle and have my wee one.

Last edited by Paw Patrol; Apr 11th 2017 at 12:35 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you- also I do have family members in Canada but not in New Brunswick that I can give their address-however I don't know how that will be viewed as I am a coming through as a provincial nominee. I don't know if that will cause an issue for me if I use their address. Our Flight ticket have all been booked and heading to Moncton as final destination. Where I intend to settle and have my wee one.
As a provincial nominee, DON'T give a an address (even if it's just a temporary one) outside NB, that could/would send up all sorts of red flags.

As FL said, you can ask for a form & wait to furnish an address for the PR cards.