Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

PRE SCHOOL IN SOUTH CALGARY.

PRE SCHOOL IN SOUTH CALGARY.

Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

rodeo star is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PRE SCHOOL IN SOUTH CALGARY.

Our eldest son is three in March and we are hoping to place him in Pre School in order to interact with canadians his own age.

We found Creative Learning Centre in Canyon Meadows but their requirements were that the child is 3 by December 08 to be eligible for the 09/10 school year. Working on this basis he wont be able to go to Pre School until he is almost four.

Is this normal?

Does anyone know of any other Pre School's in the South Calgary/Midnapore area?

What sort of cost is normal?

We were thinking of no more than a couple of mornings a week?

We have looked at the Wiki for Children but the info we needed was not there.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PRE SCHOOL IN SOUTH CALGARY.

The CLC is very good - my son went there

The age "thing!" yes they start later here.

There's one in Bridlewood, near Video Max Gas. Also good - my daughter went there.

There's also private day homes all over the place. Some are also very good.

check out www.kijiji.ca

here's an example
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-services-...IdZ1QQCatIdZ84

Last edited by triumphguy; Dec 28th 2008 at 8:54 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 1:40 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Daycare is so good for the kids, my little one loves it

They don't do the learning like they do back in the uk, but that is good, once you get here and see the set up you will be ok with it.

i know it was something that was on my mind alot before we left the uk, but now, wow am i impressed - Good Luck
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:00 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter, who is 2, goes to Kids & Co in Millrise 2 days per week. Cost is about $450 but I think your employer has to have an agreement with them to get your kids in. They go up to pre school age there too.