Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pre move blues?

Pre move blues?

Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pre move blues?

Originally Posted by mr2k
Just sent you a PM!
I think you've just found your new room mate!!!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:02 am
Just Joined

Roofie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
I think you've just found your new room mate!!!
Lol unfortunately I've already found somewhere to live and put a deposit down, otherwise we'd be sorted! We've found out we're going to be working at the same company, which is pretty cool!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Roofie
Lol unfortunately I've already found somewhere to live and put a deposit down, otherwise we'd be sorted! We've found out we're going to be working at the same company, which is pretty cool!
I clocked that, just been checking out the website. Very cool!! Good luck to you both.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:18 am
Just Joined

mr2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, it's good to have someone in the same boat.

I personally find accommodation difficult to check out remotely, so I guess I'm going to look when I get out there. Find the right place in the right location, hopefully.

Saying that, I have been looking online to hopefully make some viewing appointments. Unfortunately Kijiji.ca blocks non Canadian IP addresses, so it's impossible to contact people on that site.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of

It's great that you've found someone who is moving at the same time as you. I didn't realise that Kijiji did that. Try using www.anonymouse.org, then typing in the Kijiji address from there. And have you tried Craigslist?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

fornost is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roofie
I submitted mine at the end of December, but it got sent back to me the other week because I 'didn't include a photocopy of my passport'. I'd sent them my actual passport, which they didn't send back! I had to e-mail them, then go up there and get my passport, photocopy it and resubmit the whole thing. Hopefully it'll be done with soon.

I'll be working for a video games company, I'm really looking forward to it!
Hi have been in Saint Johns for three months - Any help we can give you we will, point you in the right direction for medical cards and so on. Let us know when you are coming and we will see what we can do!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:23 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately Kijiji.ca blocks non Canadian IP addresses, so it's impossible to contact people on that site.
An IT guy who doesn't know how to spoof an IP address? Whats the good of you?!

...welcome to The Rock. I know rented accomodation can be tough to find here. Another site you might look at is www.nlclassifieds.com .

AX
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm selling mine in Paradise if you want it
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:12 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
I'm selling mine in Paradise if you want it
Not leaving the Rock?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

No mate I'm moving the whole massive distance of about 300 yards Thats the trouble with staying in a newer subdivision , they are on phase 3 now and the wife is seeing bigger and better being built and she wants one I capitulated early as if the rumours are right by the end of the summer, there will be another 15% on the value
Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yep, it's good to have someone in the same boat.

I personally find accommodation difficult to check out remotely, so I guess I'm going to look when I get out there. Find the right place in the right location, hopefully.

Saying that, I have been looking online to hopefully make some viewing appointments. Unfortunately Kijiji.ca blocks non Canadian IP addresses, so it's impossible to contact people on that site.
Let us know what sort of accomodation you are looking for - Tomorrows paper generally has shet loads to choose from